Sunday, August 16, 2009

My Family TREE & “Kopi Tiams”

Last week Anthea came home and told me that she need photographs for her class work. She was required to draw a Family Tree.

She said she needs photographs of our family and her grandparents. I asked her if she needed both paternal and maternal grandparent’s photographs, she said No, just one side will do fine…hehe.

So I dig out all the photographs that I had printed out. Usually I will print out hard copies of our families’ photos and kept them in the photo album. Having school going children, you never know which day they will ask you for photographs..haha.

So I went through the photos with Anthea and she shortlisted the few that she deemed was nice enough for her Family Tree project.

It was quite a nice piece of project after she completed it and I know she was very proud of her work.

咖啡店

10 years ago when we bought our home sweet home, the property price was at its peak, so we were only about to afford a humble 4 room flat. Also at that time, our main focus of the property was near MRT as we don’t own a car. So that was how we ended buying this current home.

Honestly having stayed here for 10 years, I would say – we were very happy. Although it’s a small unit but it’s very manageable, especially when I am the one who need to take care of the household chores, with some good help from my mother.

Also both Anthea and Anders was borned in the same unit, this home meant more to us.

Surrounding our home, we are spoilt for choices, especially when it comes to FOOD. The AMK HUB is walking distance to our home, so if we feel like indulging, we would eat at New York, New York or Ichiban Sushi etcs. If we decided to go for simple fare, we would eat at the food court or sometimes at the neighborhood Kopi Tiams.

Recently, the 2 kopi tiams near our home underwent some major renovation. It was good as they were really quite old & dirty.

Over this weekend, both the kopi tiams re-open for businesses and I was very happy to see a few new stalls.

One of the new stall was E Black Board bistro – it is a western food stall and supposing to serve good steak. Adrian will be in for a good treat when he comes home in about 2 weeks time.

Also with the re-open of the coffee shop, I have more choices of lunch for Anthea. As one of the coffee shops is just located near her school, it will be easier for me to get her lunch before fetching her from school.

All this conveniences does not come naturally and I know we are very blessed to have found this home sweet home.

3 comments:

blurblur said...

I think I have to make it a habit to print out photos...am so used to just saving them in my PC. :)

I used to stay at AMK when I was a kid...it has changed so much since... :)

Angeline said...

the family tree is so cool!
We have yet to do that with our own pictures on it... hmmm....

Oh AMK, its like a mini-world by itself, ying-you-jing-you!
Just went there few days ago to watch the movie "UP".

Lydia said...

A project that's well done! And you guys are really spoilt with choices around your home sweet home!