Thursday, August 06, 2009

Working Full Time...

I have been doing Part Time job for the last 8 months and I am truly enjoying the flexible time that I had.

Although I am working ½ day morning, I feel the same as working FULL DAY as after work; I am doing 2nd part of work @ home.

But important thing is I am able to spend time with Anthea and ensure her transition to Primary one goes smoothly. So far, things are working well on our current schedule.
I have been telling Adrian that it’s not easy to work full time and still look after household chores and the children without any help. I truly admired those full time working parents without domestic helpers.

Next week, my department is handling a major event and it involves a lot of logistic work. So my manager has requested for me to work FULL Days on Thursday & Friday. After consulting my main pillar of support – my mom, I was able to work full days on these 2 days.

Today I had the chance to experience working full day again and I felt that it was never the same as before. My mind kept thinking of Anthea at home with my mom. I know she’s in good hand but somehow, I still felt something is missing…hee : )

I left work around 5pm, feeling mentally drained…haha. Never had such challenges for the last 8 months, I must say, a part of me is enjoying the Adrenalin pump. Felt like my working days in my ex-ex company.

I have been in emailed contact with Adrian and he mentioned that with such working logistic, my manager may offer me a FULL TIME job. Honesty, I don’t think I will want to take up any FULL TIME job for the next few years as I really appreciate the time I have with Anthea and in another year, Anders will also be transiting to Primary one, so the more I can’t work Full Time…haha.

Meantime, I will just carry on enjoying my Part Time work as long as the company can offer me the job
.

3 comments:

Blessed mum said...

Its never easy to juggle between home and work...I was at work FULL TIME the past 1 week and gosh! its super tiring, not to mentioned my job continues back home (4 kids)..so glad for the long weekend!!

Beautiful Love said...

Hei u r doing great with ur 1st (EE)and 2nd (PTSAHM) shift! Not many have the privilege of finding a PT job...haha

As long hub agrees to it, PT is d best leh!

Lydia said...

thinking of ur gal even though she is in good hand means that u missed her.. that was sweet~

Hey.. i was just wondering.. do u say "I miss u" to ur children? Coz, I think u should, so that they'd know ;)