Monday, August 31, 2009

Our 1st visit to ION

It rained the whole day on Sunday and we were home from morning till evening. As 1 September is Teacher’s Day, I told Anthea we needed to get small gifts for her form teacher as a token of appreciation.

I was thinking of baking cookies for her teacher but thought otherwise because I was simply too lazy to go into the baking gear…hee.

In the late afternoon, the rain stopped and I called my eldest brother and asked if he would like to go to ION with us.

I did a quick checked and found that there was an Art box shop in ION, so I thought it would be a good place to get the gifts. At the same time, it was also a good time to explore the much hyped – ION.

My eldest brother fetched us around 5.20pm and we reached ION around 5.50pm.

As we know parking in ION was crazy because of traffic jam, my brother parked at International Building and we walked across via the Paterson link from Borders.

When we reached the entrance of the link, I was totally fascinated by the building. It was really huge!!!

Our 1st shop was Art box and it was located at B4, can you imagine shopping underground…hee.

We managed to get 2 presents – one for her class form teacher and 1 for her tuition teacher.

After getting the gifts, we headed to what Straits Times had written about - the MOST Expensive Food Opera (food court) for our dinner.

Anders had chicken macaroni @$4.50 a bowl and Anthea had a plain/egg pratas @$3.40.

Overall I would think the price was still considered ok and the food serving was bigger than the normal food court.

My eldest brother ordered 10 sticks of satay and a rice dumpling. He said the satay cost 70cents each.

We had a simple and enjoyable meal and I told my brother, next time we must try the special Peking duck wrap, saw people queuing and buying from the stall. It looks delicious…slurp!

After dinner, we took a walk around the building and as we go to the higher floor, it was the boutique that housed all the branded stuff. I jokingly told my brother that I am a lower class person so I can only shop at the basement level, the higher floors are all for the rich & famous… : P

We saw the Market Place at 5th level and we went in to get some groceries. That was the last stop of our tour. I must say – I was impressed with the Toilet and baby’s room facilities.

Then we headed back to the car and left ION with sweet memories and I know I would want to be back soon…for the FOOD!!...haha.

1 comment:

blurblur said...

Yes, you must try the Peking duck wraps, it's tasty!! :)Damien has been bugging me to bring him back to ION again... :)