Wednesday, August 26, 2009

“Neglected”

“How’s the car?” Adrian has been asking me this question a few times that we Skype. My answer to him was: “I don’t know.”…haha.

For his previous working trip, I was still working with my ex-company and the location is in Toa Payoh industrial area, thus I was able to drive to work and parking at HDB car park was reasonable.

Now that my working place is so conveniently located on top of Novena MRT Station, there is no reason for me to drive to work and parking fees in the office building is exorbitant. With my Part Time salary, it is just not justifiable to drive to work. Also usually after work, I will need to rush and pack lunch for Anthea. If I drive, I may not be able to get lunch.

Before Adrian left for his detachment, we handed our car to my youngest brother in-law. He is our official “Car Baby sitter”.

Our car is got upgraded to a Condominium car park instead of HDB MSCP…haha.

Also with my new schedule, there is no need for me to use the car at all on weekdays, so I was telling Adrian I will be more stress & busy to keep going to the car park to start the car, just to run the engine.

I was really glad we made the right decision to outsource the car because this whole month of August has been a very busy month for me. I don’t even have time for my own exercise regimen, so honestly, the car will be the last thing on my mind…hee.

Also my estate is currently undergoing the Lift Upgrading programme and dust is everywhere. So if the car is left unattended in the car park, it will surely be very dirty and dusty.

Although this month, the car has been neglected by us but I know it is in good hands of my BIL. It’s definitely a win-win situation.

I always believe in – ‘what goes round comes around”. In those days when we don’t have our own car, my eldest brother always asked us to babysit his car while he was on business travel. So now we are doing the same practice…haha.

I guess in about another 2 weeks time, we will see our Car and ride in it again…: )

4 comments:

blurblur said...

Haha...I like your answer: "I don't know." :P

The first time my hubby went overseas, our car 'sat' quietly at the carpark of my mum's place for one whole week..hehe..

Lydia said...

I have always LOVE being a Car-babysitter!! :)

Anonymous said...

you work in NOVENA SQUARE too??? Me too Me too.....I am in Tower A #11-01

Aces Family said...

Hi MLR,

Yes, i am in Tower A, #20...hee. But now contract ended so FTSAHM..: P

So we are Neighbours.

cheers,
astee