Thursday, July 30, 2009

爸爸。。一路顺风 and My New “SM”

Finally Adrian left for his one month oversea work detachment today.

As his flight departing around 2pm and he would need to be at the airport around 11.30am for his check in. we decided that we will not go to the airport for his departure flight.

Not that we do not want to go but today being a working day and studying day, it is hard to arrange and also would not be good for Anthea to miss her lessons.

This morning Adrian bid Anthea good bye and said he will see her in a month time. He will be home during her 1 week school holiday.

Then I left for work and we said the same Good Bye and see you soon.

By now we are quite used to this yearly event and our routine still goes on as normal.

Wishing daddy a safe journey and a smooth working trip.

My New Sandwich Maker


Yes, this thing has been on my mind for the longest time. The reason why I had not bought it is because I had a toaster at home and it works almost the same. I thought.

Recently, Anthea has been asking me to prepare snack box for her recess as she said she was getting a bit sick of buying the canteen food. So I thought to myself – it’s time to get a sandwich maker. Anthea love sandwiches, especially Ham & Cheese.

So with this in mind, I contacted my ex-colleague to check if there is any special sale for a sandwich maker. She told me no and advised to wait till National Day, they may have a ND Sale.

Then on Tuesday, I received her email about some NTUC Card promotion and the discount was going at 30%. So immediately, I got her help and bought a sandwich maker. As Adrian was on leave for these few days, he collected the sandwich maker yesterday.

This morning, I had my 1st trial at doing a sandwich toast and they turned out very good. I made a few sets of sandwiches. We had ham & cheese, egg mayo and tune sandwiches. I packed a set for Anthea to bring for her snack.

With this new sandwich maker, I can try different sandwich recipes. : )

6 comments:

jean said...

Hi Astee, you are brave to have the children yourself without Adrian for a month. But it is good to have many supports from family members :-)

It's a blessings to have them around you and render help when needed.

The toaster seems good. Does it also make a cut for you after toasting it? I saw the line in the centre of the bread..

wolfgirl said...

This is one of the greatest kitchen gadgets.... The choices are limitless..add fruits for a fruity sandwich, salmon for a classy sandwich, Unagi for Jap style sandwich...
enjoy it!

Aces Family said...

Hi Jean,

Situation "forces" me to be Brave..haha. I am lucky we had good logistic supports frm our families.

Yes, the Sandwich maker will help to make a line cut for the sandwich, so it will come out half.

Hi Wolfgirl,

Wow..so many great ideas on sandwiches, i must start shopping on the grocery liao..hee.

cheers,
astee

Lydia said...

Love the SM! My sis has one and whenever we visit her, would definitely asked for snack sandwich... the melting cheese.. crisoy crunchy toasts.. heavens! :)

blurblur said...

Hmm...this seems to be a good buy! At least I can have more breakfast choices for Damien... :)

LZmommy said...

I'm sure you are coping well :)

Now you are tempting me to buy this too :)