Monday, July 13, 2009

我们做运动 !

Last week, Anthea brought back her health book from school. She just got her immunization for Measles / mumps/rubella 1st booster.

I took a browse through her health assessment summary record. All is well until I read her weight comment – “BORDERLINE OVERWEIGHT.”

All her 6 growing years, she was skinny and at times – underweight. Little did I expect to see such remark..haha. : P

I looked through the health book for her idea height / weight. She is about 4 – 5 kg above the guideline.

For the past 6 months, people who had known her before had been saying that she had put on weight and when I saw her photo on day 1 of school, compared to now, I know “she had put on some good weight”.

I told her in a serious tone that from now onwards, she will need to lose some of the weight.


Since last week, we started on a daily exercise routine. She is into badminton and knowing she has keen interest in it. I brought her downstairs in the evening for a game. Usually before we played, we would jog around the court for a few rounds as a warm up sessions.

On weekends, she also asked me to bring her down for badminton, which I did, amid my busy household chores routine. I wanted to keep her momentum and ensure she does as much running as possible.

As for her diet, I am also cutting down on certain of her intakes. She used to have her milk serving in the afternoon before her nap, now I told her she should not drink it anymore in the afternoon. Also for her lunches, I would buy lesser of those hi-carbo meals for her… : P

Hopefully, with all these small “hard” work, she can lose some weights and reach her idea weight. Otherwise she may be asked to join the “胖胖俱乐部“ soon…haha.

Now we should start shopping for a new weighing machine…: P

3 comments:

blurblur said...

Jia you, Anthea..I'm sure you'll be able to lost the few 'extra' kilos soon!! :)

It's a different case for Damien, I'm trying my every best to feed him, everyone is commenting that he's skinny...haha :P

Lydia said...

Badminton is a good idea, plus the jogging it sounds great for a nice workout... not only for shedding weight, it is a very healthy life-style. Did you say "daily"? Wow!

Aces Family said...

Hi BB,

Yeah, i hope too she will be able to lose those few kilos with all the effort !!

Damien looks ok, not too skinny but of course, can afford a little more "meaty"..hee.

Hi Lydia,

Yes, on week days after her afternoon nap, i will try my best to bring her downstairs to get simple workout - a jog and badminton game.

I want to keep her enthusiam on-going..: )

cheers,
astee