Wednesday, July 08, 2009

“Seeds not Ripe”

Last week because of Anthea, I had the chance to meet up with my 2nd SIL’s mother when I picked Anthea up from her home after work.

My SIL’s mother is a devoted Buddhist and she is also a vegetarian. Last week, I had the chance to enjoy her home cooked vegetarian dishes – mince “meat” noodle and vegetarian pizza. The dishes were delicious and she even gave me some vegetarian minced meat and sambal chilli to bring home.

While at my SIL’s home, I will have the chance to listen to her mother perspective on the religion. I am a Free-thinker in term of religion, so I enjoy listening to her teaching. Adrian always comments that Aunty (My SIL’s mother) is a very positive person. No matter is too difficult for her. I agree and when I am with her, I feel a natural calmness and positive energy surrounding me…hee : P

The other day while chatting, she was telling me about her temple’s event and I told her I would love to explore more, if not because of the family and time is so limited.

She said: “not to worry, your seed is not ripe yet. The time will come and when you will plant the seed.”

I understood a little of her words but put her teaching in my mind.

This week my closed friend, Linda, was on MSN and chatted a little with me. She knew that I am PT contract and wanted to find out a bit more on such contract. She mentioned that her temple is planning to get a PT person to do so simple tasks. While chatting, she mentioned to me about another close friend of mine going to the same temple as she does. Such a small world.

Then Linda mentioned something which was quite new to me: “all your friends are mostly Tibetan Buddhist, wonder if you are a Tibetan Buddhist in your previous life?”

I told her I am keen to find out too…hee. Then she also mentioned to me some very interesting parents workshop organized by the temple. I lamented and told her that if not because of my family commitment, I would surely make time to go to the temple to discover more.

Then she said: “Your seed is not ripe yet. Don’t worry, when the time comes, you will find your way to it.”

I was speechless.

After 2 encounters with the people of the same belief and both said the same to me. I know it’s a sign.


Time is not on my side yet but when it comes true, I want to find enlightenment in Life.

One day, I know I will find my WAY ….and grow this SEED!

3 comments:

blurblur said...

Wow...two person telling you the same thing within a week...

ShanZen - Brightsong said...

I guess it's ok to stay neutral until you're ready. I think I'm in the same boat too, though my hubby is probably the more devoted Buddhist. Hubby always says 'it's fine,so long as you have Buddha in your heart somewhere'. that's why he hasn't steered himself towards which teachings of Buddhism, becos' he believes there are positive aspects of all teachings. ;)

Aces Family said...

Hi BB,

I believe it's a sign..haha.

Hi BS,

My same sentiment and i know all teachings taught human goodness. We just need time to explore our own belief and way.

cheers,
astee