Monday, July 27, 2009

Friendly Game

Ever since we started on our daily exercise routine, Anthea is now quite hooked onto badminton. She will request to play the game everyday…: )

I am glad that she is enjoying the game so much. Badminton seems to be a family thing. I knew Adrian through the same game and in our wedding album; we even brought in our badminton gears for the wedding shoot. It brought back a lot of wonderful memories.

Every evening around 5pm, I would bring Anthea downstairs. Next to our block, there is an open space area with a few BBQ Pits. Usually in the evening, we will see children playing soccer and riding bicycles around the open space.

We would play our game at the open space too as there are some railings and we used them as our “NET”..haha.

The 1st week that we played, the other children whom were playing around the area also came and joined us. Most of them are seniors of Anthea, except for 1 or 2 whom are from other primary schools.

Anthea had enjoyed her sessions with her fellow school mates and I can see that her skill is improving as she plays and practice daily.

At times while she was playing her games with her new found friends, I would go to the childcare to fetch Anders. He would come in to join us for some fun too. As the normal badminton racket is a bit too long for him to handle. I bought him a junior racket and now he can serve quite well…haha.

It’s always good to see children enjoying themselves at games and it trains them to become better player and better loser too. We have been telling Anthea, in life you will not always win the match. Some time you win and some time you lose.

Through the game, I had also the chance to see Anthea mingle with children of different ages and races. She is interacting well with them and learning more about another life long skill – socializing.


My father always comment that Anthea take after my good genes of being friendly and sociable..hee : )

I hope she will find true friends out of the many aquaintances she has, just like me.

6 comments:

Blessed mum said...

this post reminds me of my childhood too! we used to play at our blk downstairs and "friends" will strating joining in. its just so fun!

Lydia said...

That railings NET was such a good idea! Badminton gears for wedding shoot? Very interesting!

Hmmm... am I seeing a national player in the making? ;)

LZmommy said...

Maybe she is interested to join the school Badminton team? :)

I wish my neighbourhood kids is as friendly...

blurblur said...

I like the idea of using the railings as the net...so innovative!:)

Aces Family said...

Hi Blessed mom,

Yeah, during my days, i was running around the kampong with my brothers and the neighbourhood children. It was great fun.

Hi Lydia,

Haha..yeah, we have to make the best use out of what Garment give us..: P

Hmm..National Player, i am not sure, my key interets now is for her to LOSE WEIGHT..haha.

Hi LZmommy,

I heard from those boys whom are school players mentioned that Anthea can join when she is in P2, if she still interested by then.. : )

Hi BB,

Fyi, the railing is to prevent those cyclist & skaters from doing their stunts which cause damages to the floor. So in order to make it for 2nd better use - we use it as net..hee.

cheers,
astee

Beautiful Love said...

I bet Anthea will remember these childhood bonding activities fondly :p