Friday, July 10, 2009

Our NEW Tingkat Dinner

Since Jiale decided to stop their dinner delivery to my area, I went on a search mode to gather some information on the current tingkat dinner companies.

Based on a very informative Tingkat Dinner Delivery review website, I decided to do a 5 days trial dinner with Kim’s Kitchen last week. As usual I ordered the 3 dishes + 1 soup menu. On Monday, the food was delivered around 4.30pm, about the same timing as Jia Le.

The dishes and soup were sufficient for our family of 2 adults and 2 children.

The main “JUDGES” – Anthea and Anders seem to be fine with the new caterer food and finished up their dinner. No complaint on any of the dishes.

Personally, I like their dishes and it’s even closer to home cooked. Their vegetables are very green and cut to the finest. Meats are usually boneless and fishes are fresh. Soups varieties are good and healthy.

Last week we had this dish – chestnut chicken chop special (栗子鸡扒). It is so unique and tasty that we finished up the whole dish till the last drop of 汁 . Slurp!!

This week, they served a Fragrant Fish Delight 干香鱼 块and Anthea ate the whole lot of it and said – “mommy, next time you asked uncle to give us this fish everyday”…haha.

Anders enjoyed the Rendang Chicken that was served this week and he finished his bowl of rice in record time.

So with all these positive “Feedbacks”, we decided to continue our dinner order with Kim’s and I requested for the Tiffin containers. On Monday, Kim’s delivered our dinner but was in those microwavable containers. When I checked with them, they told me that they were out of stock for the Tiffin containers and waiting for the new stock to arrive.

The only “issue” that I have is – Kim’s does not provide rice, so this means that I have to cook our own rice for dinner. I am perfectly fine with cooking rice and as of this month – I am officially promoted to a “煮饭婆“。。嘻嘻!

I am glad that our dinner routine is back to the same and I must say – it just get better !!!

9 comments:

stardust said...

We must be too fussy...

That time we were on trial with Kim's Kitchen, we found their dishes and gravy very oily

And their rice was so hard...

Now still with expensive but good Buffet Paradize i.e. Mom's Cooking they changed their name

stardust said...

Forgot to ask are you still on 2 or 3 pax? since you have to feed 2 well-eating children... ;p

Aces Family said...

Hi Stardust,

Hee..yeah, we are very basic and easily satisfy..: P

I am still on 2 pax meal because the servings are still sufficient for my family and my children are small eaters..: )

cheers,
astee

Blessed mum said...

this is so fuss free and mommy doesn't have to crack her head to plan the meal..hmm..maybe i should do that for lunch..do they serve lunch?

rdgs,
rachel's mom

Aces Family said...

Hi Blessed mom,

Yeah, it's good for lazy mommy like me...hee : P

Yes, some catering companies do Lunch Delivery. You can check it out with the one you shortlist.

cheers,
astee

Lydia said...

haha.. literally a "煮饭婆" wor~

Hey you have given me ideas for our dinner option when we "phase-off" having a helper by year 2012, thanks! :)

Aces Family said...

Hi Lydia,

You have to make trial before deciding if this option works for your family or more feasible with a helper..hee : P

Good Luck!

cheers,
astee

Anonymous said...

Hi,
are you still ordering from the same caterer for tingkat?
Looking at ordering soon and looking around for reviews:)
Thanks in advance.
Linda

Astee said...

Hi Linda,

I am now with 338 catering, a spin-off from Mei Hao 99 catering. Just started with 338 catering and so far, food are ok.