Thursday, July 16, 2009

Stocking UP

In exactly 2 weeks time, Adrian will be leaving for his 1 month plus oversea detachment.

We are not new to him working oversea for 1 – 3 months as we had the experienced of it last year. However, this year, things will be a little different as compared to last year.

Anthea has started Primary school and I had also embarked on a ½ working routine. So far, things are working fine and we are functioning normally.

Before Adrian departs for his work, I decided that we needed to Stock up a few main HEAVY items for the household…hee : P

We bought a packet of 10 KG rice. Yup, now that I am officially a cooking mama, I need to cook rice from Monday to Thursday, so this is a must for the 1 month survival.

Then we also bought the 5 KG Persil washing powder. Yes, I hand washes Anthea and Anders clothing daily, so I need to have the washing powder ever ready.

Then also we bought 2 tins of 1.8 KG milk powder for Anders as there was a promotion at NTUC.

The rest of the small items, I will buy them as and when we need them since NTUC Xtra is just walking distance from our home.

Logistic wise, we will still work the same, the only difference is I will need to bring Anthea for her tuition classes on Monday & Thursday. Usually Anders will stay home with Adrian while I fetched Anthea, so next time he may need to tag along. I will adjust along the way.

I am going to miss my weekends jogging when Adrian is away, guess I will have to be hardworking during weekdays: P

Another challenge ahead of being home alone with the children. I know it’s not going to be easy but I know I will manage it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

U can do it!! Jiayou!

Lydia said...

of course you can... you sounded quite adaptable to changes, just take thing one at a time... "missing-the-hubby" part might be hard though, hehe ;)

those heavy stuff really hearvy hor?

Aces Family said...

Hi Levine,

Thanks for your 加油!

Hi Lydia,

I am a "万能妈咪", so everything also "Just DO IT"..haha. Actually i am so used to it already that i don't feel the missing part liao..haha : P

Yeah, really heavy leh..heee!

astee

Angeline said...

Of cos you will!
now that you are a 'more' experienced Mommy as compared his last trip....
*smile*

blurblur said...

Astee, I'm sure you can manage! Jia you! And not forgetting we're all here rendering our cyber support!! :)

LZmommy said...

I remembered you did very well the last time Adrian was away, I'm sure this time it will be the same :) Jiayou Astee! :)