Friday, May 01, 2009

May Day Specials..

Ever since Anthea lost her “sovereignty” at my In Laws house, she hardly had chance to spend time with her 爷爷和奶奶。This week, my mother in law emailed me and told me that she will be attending a church wedding on May Day and asks if Anthea would be interested to go along with her.

I told Anthea of my MIL email and asked if she likes to go for the church wedding. She said “YES” and also told me that she wanted to wear the wedding dress (this dress was worn at my BIL's wedding on 10 May 2008 as she was the flower girl).

I know this would be a good chance for her to spend quality time with her grandparents, as now she only get to see them on weekends for those rush rush dinners.

This morning, my In Laws came and picked her up around 9.30 am and off they went for the church wedding.

Xian is currently undergoing chemo and hair lost is inevitable. So last Sunday, Adrian went with my MIL to Geylang Serai market to buy some scarf for her to cover her head. My aunty has a garment stall in the market and she managed to recommend them to a Malay stall that specialized in all different kind of head scarf. My MIL bought 1 of each variety and finally aunty SK mentioned Xian like one of the design over the others.

So after Anthea left for the wedding this morning, we went to Geylang Serai market to stock up more of the head scarf for Xian. After buying the scarf, we delivered them to aunty SK house.

They were doing major spring cleaning to the house as they wanted to buy an extra bed for the room. There were so many toy stuff and Wen Yi asked Anders if he would like to bring home some. Yes, he did – he chose the Lego and a Robot. Aunty SK also gave me a sandwich maker.

Then we left their home and went to the HUB for lunch. Then it was shopping time at Kiddy Palace – bought some children plates for Anthea and Anders.

After getting all the stuff, we went over to my In Laws house to pick Anthea back home. We had a good afternoon nap and after the nap, they had a fun time playing with the recycle toys.

In the evening, we had a simple dinner at the HUB and then it's back home for Anthea revision lesson for her SA next week.

We had a simple May Day and its special in its own way.. : )

4 comments:

Angie said...

it's so nice of you to pick up sth for Xian. hope she will be well soon!!

Aces Family said...

hi Angie,

This is the least we can do as cousins. : )

Nothing compared to my MIL who goes everyday to do her injection early in the morning and then head off to work..: P

Yes, i am praying hard too she will recover soon.

Anonymous said...

pray for her to get well soon..

Aces Family said...

Hi Mommy charmain,

Thanks for your prayers.

regards,
astee