Tuesday, May 19, 2009

近距离

On Monday morning Anthea’s tonsil relapsed and she had low grade fever. I fed her paracetamol and made the decision to let her rest instead of going to school.

As I need to go to work, so I called my mom and asked her to help me look after Anthea for the few hours that I was at work.

My mom stayed in the same estate and to get to her place, we need to take the feeder bus service and it’s about 3 bus stops away.

During my dating days, I had boyfriends from East, West and South but never a “Northerner” till I met Adrian. So when it came to buying our own matrimonial home, needless to say, we bought one in the same estate since our parents are all in the same 桥.

When we were doing home searching, some of our friends asked : “why you want to stay in such an OLD estate and why not buy those new homes in the NEW TOWN.

Our answer was straight forward – we want to be near our parents.

I still remember initially when Adrian needed to do Guard duty, I would go back to 娘家 to stay for the night. Then when I was expecting Anthea, my mom would come over to my place to help me with household chores. Till now, she still comes over once a week to help me do some simple chores.

Also when Anthea was born, my mom helped me to babysit her while I worked full time. We literally stayed there during weekdays and only come home on weekends. Those were the days that Adrian needed to go over every day to my mom’s place for dinner and to see us. At that time, we don’t have a family car, so it was every day on the bus for him too...: )


All these experienced added up and i know if we were staying in a NEW TOWN, it would not be easy on logistic arrangement.

For the last 2 days morning, I have been bringing Anders to the childcare and then Anthea to my mom’s place. Then I headed for work. After work, the route will be vice versa.

With all the pros of staying in 进距离with my parents, if we even get a chance to upgrade to a new home, I believe it’ll be in same 桥 again…: )

6 comments:

blurblur said...

My only regret is staying too far from my mum...thus it is not so convenient to get help when there is emergency...but my parents are moving near us by end this year...I am so looking forward to that already..hehe.. :P

Anonymous said...

its always good to stay near our parent/PIL. you never know when you need help..and old town is always better than new..all the facilities are up already, unlike the new town.

LZmommy said...

Hope Anthea has recovered...

You are right :) We have lots of similarity :) When we bought our hse, it was no doubt that I want to stay near my parents too for the same reasons. Besides, old flats' rooms are bigger too ;)

Aces Family said...

Hi BB,

When we have our own children,staying near to parent/In laws really make a world of difference. Glad that your parents will be moving near you soon : )

Hi Mommy Charmaine,

Yes, for us walking to NTUC Xtra is like walking to "ma-ma shop" that's what my hubby said..haha.

Most of the new towns are also developing well with their growing population.

Hi LZ&ZJ mommy,

Yeah, we are blog-twins so that's explains our decisions in buying the Home Sweet Home.. " )

cheers,
astee

Clement said...

hope Anthea's feeling better now. My case of tonsilisitis is still giving me lots of hurting....can hardly eat anything. even porridge also difficult cos even the slightest temerature makes it feels like razor blades down my throat. Doc just gave me another two days of MC.

Aces Family said...

hi Clement,

Yes, she is much better already and now back to her usual self.

Tell me about it..Anthea couldn't eat anything too and even water was hard to swallow. Not choice told her she need the water to "wash out" the germs.

Antibiotic is a MUST hor..cannot skip. You take care and rest well too and WATER is a MUST-MUST.

take care.
astee