Friday, May 22, 2009

海底椰

Both Anthea and Anders had some cough built up because their recent sickness. So on Monday evening, my Mother-in-law called us and mentioned to Adrian that we should boil some 海地椰 (sea coconut) for both of them to drink. According to her, its helps to cure cough. She said we can buy the 海底椰 from the traditional medical hall. She mentioned to get the raw ones and not those syrup drinks.

I am a believer of Chinese medicine (中药). Since young, my parents have been brewing lots of Chinese medicine for my brothers and myself. They brewed 麟羊,洋参须,泡参 and also a lot of 凉茶。 I can’t remember visiting the doctors till I am in Primary school…hee. Unlike children nowadays, visiting doctors so often and getting sick so easily.

Probably I have myself to blame for not putting in more effort to brew cooling water for them to drink. I told myself – from now onwards, I must be more diligent in preparing these drinks for them.

On Wednesday, I went to the Medical hall and make a quick query about the 海底椰 and thankfully, the shop has it and I bought some. After lunch, I started boiling the 海底椰 as per the way guided by the Chinese medicine seller.

In the evening, both Anthea and Anders drank the sea coconut water and both commented that it was very nice and they like it. I had another portion and will brew it this weekend for them to drink again.

Hope that they will recover fast and be in pink of health for long, long time…: )

5 comments:

Angeline said...

Oh yes! Recover fast little ones...

Cool! This is the first time I see hai-di-ye in its naked form.

blurblur said...

Hope they'll be fully recover soon, school holidays' just around the corner!

And thanks for sharing this, mum also been coughing due to her cold..I can get this for her! :)

Angie said...

i only buy those bottled se coconut cough mixture. they work well for me.

jean said...

hi astee...thanks for sharing. hmm.. i think i can try this too :-)

Aces Family said...

Hi Angeline,

Yes, this is my 1st time seeing "naked" 海底椰 too.

Hi BB,

Thanks for the well wishes, both are recovering well.

Hi Angie,

Next time i will try the bottle one too. Thanks.

Hi Jean,

You are welcome and give it a try, it's quite nice..: )