Sunday, May 03, 2009

蔡常熙 - 弥月之喜

So fast, it has been almost one month since Baby Luvik was borned on 08 April 2009. Bruce and May are very proud parents and soon they will be graduated from the One month confinement period and then it'll be independence days ahead.

May has been in touch via MSN and she is busy, like any new mommies – “milking like cows”...haha. Also she mentioned that baby Luvik has BIG Appetite and needed to be fed every 2 – 3 hours. And so far, looking at May's facebook photos of baby Luvik, I can tell that he's a very happy baby. Always smiling and looking satisfied.

Last week, May was on MSN and asked me for my address so that Bruce can deliver Baby Luvik full month cake to our house.

Knowing that she is still in her confinement period, I took the liberty of being “亲家“to make a small request with her. I asked her if her confinement lady is cooking 猪脚醋 and if there is any leftover, can we have some...hee.

Well, Adrian and I are BIG Fan of this dish and we know that we won't have any chance of eating this dish since I would not be in confinement anymore..hehe. So, our opportunity to eat this authentic dish only happened when there is a confinement mommy. More ever, I heard from May that her CL cooks well and also she brought in her own 醋. So how can we miss this one and only opportunity for the moment?

May was very kind and said OK to my request. On Saturday, she called me in the afternoon to mention that the 猪脚醋 was ready for collection and Adrian went to her place to pick them up. He came home with a WHOLE POT of 猪脚醋 and when I said the whole pot, it was really filled to the ream.




I know it's Swine Flu but the Healthy Authority had changed the name to Influenza A (H1N1-2009) because the authority said the eating PIG does not mean you will get the virus, so it's safe to eat 猪肉!!!

So my dinner was a very sumptuous and super delicious - 猪脚醋 with rice. Adrian brought the children to my youngest BIL's house for dinner and pick up the Choz 满月蛋糕 from Bruce and May.

Wishing May & Bruce a very happy journey on parenting and hopefully they will plan for No.2 soon, so we can enjoy this dish again...嘻嘻!


祝常熙- 常常快乐,把快乐和光明带给他身边的人 (就如他的名字)。尤其是爸爸和妈妈!

4 comments:

blurblur said...

i LOVE 猪脚醋 oso!! It's one of my fav dish during my confinement...you makes me drool now...hehe... :P

Angeline said...

happy full month, baby Luvik!
Oh yes! we were so happy when we heard the news too, and MIL cooked zhu-za-tang yesterday. Yummy!
I love the Zhu-jiao-chu gravy, can just eat that alone with 2 bowls of rice......Mmmmm-Mm!

Aces Family said...

HI BB,

So you are another fan of this dish..*high-5*

Yeah,each time i smell the dish in the neighbourhood, i drool also..hehe.

Hi Angeline,

Thanks for yr congrats to Baby Luvik.

Yeah, another *High-5* to you too ! Yes, the gravy is so, so appetising...can't stop drinking it. Yummy!! Slurp!!

cheers,
astee

ShanZen - Brightsong said...

wah, the pork leg dish is making me think to make the penang-recipe version soon. I like the dish with just a little vinegar and dark soya sauce :)