Saturday, May 30, 2009

Winter Wear Shopping at Vivo City

On Saturday morning, I told Adrian that I would like to buy one more set of thermal wear for Anders. He had only one set and I am afraid it may get soiled. Adrian told me actually there is no need to buy another set as it’ll be winter, they won’t perspire much.

I told him the thermal wear can double up as pyjamas, so it would be ok if he wear a set out during the day and wear the other set at night. He was agreeable to my suggestion.

Adrian said he would like to go Vivo City to look for a pair of gloves for his chin-up workout. I remembered Winter Time has an outlet @ Vivo City, so I told him we should make a trip there.

After Anthea’s lesson at Tien Hsia, we fetched her around 11am and headed towards Vivo City. Along the expressway, we saw that the Cairnhill exit was Jammed and I told Adrian – GSS is in town now…: )

When we arrived at Vivo City, we were glad to see the car park still had many empty lots.

We had an early lunch at Harbourfront Macdonald. Yeah, we went all the way there and the children wanted Macdonald for lunch *Faint*.

Anyway, after lunch, we started on our shopping agenda. I went to Winter Time and was checking out the Thermal Wear. There was a promotion on the thermal wear that I wanted to buy for Anders. There was a 1-for-1 promotion!!!

How to resist not buying, right??? But again I don’t need 2 sets, so I choose another set for Max, Anthea’s classmate. He will be going Gold Coast for his school holiday, so I reckon he will need a set of thermal. If he doesn’t need it, then I will just keep the set for future use. Max’s mommy had also kindly loan Anders some of Max’s winter wear.

Brenda has a sister who stayed in Perth and so all the while she has been going to Australia in June, winter time. So they are quite regulars with winter holidays. She had recommended the use of Heat Pad to me. She told me instead of wearing Thermal, which may be hot, I can try to use the heat pad, she said it’s easier to use and more comfortable for the child. So with her recommendation, I bought a pack of 10 for Anthea and Anders. I will standby in case they really feel very cold while walking on the street. Then I can stick a piece onto their clothing.

After getting the winter items, I brought the children to Toy R Us while Adrian went to look for his exercise gear.

Both of them were in their world in the toy store and Anders wanted to buy the toys. I told him NO, can only see… : P

When we had enough fun at the toy shop, we met up with Adrian at Cold storage to do some grocery shopping and then headed to Food Republic for Tea break. We had dim sum and soya milk. I was so fascinated with all the food stalls and told Adrian we must go back for the food again…hee.

We left Vivo City around 2pm and headed home for the children’s nap. In the evening, we had dinner at home and after dinner, I did the packing for the holiday.

When Adrian saw the amount of clothing I packed for the children, he laughed at me: “you moving house or what? Its winter time, they won’t perspire so much can recycle the clothing.”

“Huh, recycle? I told him I am more worried about the children dirtying the cloth rather than the sweating. I know my children eating pattern and especially Anders…hee. Anyway, like what Aunty Soompit mentioned – “better to bring more clothing, then bring not enough.”

We are now 80% packed and 100% mentally ready for the holiday. We are ready for another wonderful family vacation.

4 comments:

Lydia said...

Packing for holiday is always a love-hate thing for me... so many things to pack but so excited of the vacation! :)

Aces Family said...

Hi Lydia,

I like the way you put it : Love-hate thing..haha. Excitement is really high in the air now..: )

cheers.
astee

therens said...

I dun mind the packing but I HATE the washing after the trip.

Agree tht kids are not 'world-wisely' when it comes to food. Nic still craves apple pies fr Macs no matter how much 'hao liao' is in front of her.

Aces Family said...

Hi Nellie,

Yes, the after effect is never the fun part but still a must..haha

Our children are simply supporters of "US EMbassy"..haha.

cheers,
astee