Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Sunday Times “Specials”

Mommy, aunty Eve said my hair is very dry and need conditioner. Anthea told me this when she came home on last Saturday evening after dinner at my youngest BIL’s house.

The other time when I brought her to trim her hair, my hairdresser said the same to me.

Okie, comments noted and action MUST be taken, cannot be lazy anymore….hehe. I had tried to find suitable shampoo for Anthea hair wash but till date, seem like most of them are not so effective. I don’t really like the idea of using conditioner for children hair, so I prefer those conditioning shampoo.

Last Sunday, Anthea went for her usual swimming lesson. In her group, there is a twin and they are girls. Usually while the girls are having the lesson, I would chit chat with their mommy. So I took the opportunity to ask her what shampoo her girls are using. She told me they use the brand – Pureen Shampoo which has conditioner in it. She also mentioned that she chose the Strawberry Yogurt one for her girls. I asked if the shampoo can be easily bought from Supermarkets and she said “yes’.

On Sunday afternoon, I went to Fairprice XTRA to look for the shampoo but I can’t find it. As I had an appointment, so I didn’t go around the central area to look for it.

Then on Monday evening, after sending Anthea to her tuition class, I went to the Central shop and found the shampoo in Venus. I was very happy and quickly bought a bottle. Anthea had started using the shampoo for the last few days and it seem her hair condition is improving a little. Hopefully, it will get better as the days passes.

On the same morning, while waiting for Anthea at the swimming pool, there was a granny waiting for her grandson who is also with the same swimming coach as Anthea.

As she was leaving the pool for home, she suddenly tapped me on my shoulder and asked me in mandarin – “你的颈项 是不是有问题?我看你好像有点歪。“

At first I was a bit shocked by her sudden comment and at second thought, I told her – “是的,是有点酸的感觉,可能是运动的关系。“

“那么你要去医它,不然会影响到脚部。“ She said.

"好的,谢谢!"
I replied.

Okie, comment NOTED again and ACTION immediately as Chinese always say “不听老人言,吃亏在眼前。。“

Previously my eldest brother had mentioned to me that there is a good Chinese physician centre near my house. So I SMS-ed to my brother and asked him for the contact number. He replied and I called the centre and booked a 1 hour massage for that afternoon. : P

The 1 hour massage was really therapeutic, it was a bit painful but the feeling was really relaxed after the massage. My neck felt better and I can move it much more easily compared to before the massage.

The 1 hour massage only cost me $40 – it was a very good and affordable discovery.

A simple Sunday swimming lesson and yet it allowed me to discover so many SPECIALS, just like reading the Sunday Times... : )

6 comments:

blurblur said...

I am also looking around for a suitable shampoo for Damien, currently, he's using mine..hehe..thanks for sharing, i think i'll go check out this brand soon! :)

Angeline said...

oh yes! even the most mild baby shampoo can damage a child's hair if it doesn't fit the bill.
cos' every child's hair is different.... though all were born with silky smooth ones at first...

Angie said...

take care!! have more massages to take care of your well being.

Aces Family said...

Hi BB,

Both Anthea and Anders love the strawberry yogurt after smell..hee. You can try on damian too. And hopefully Botak also when he's no more BT..haha.

Hi Angeline,

You are so right. It's really not easy to get the right children shampoo amid all the different brands. Must trial and error.

Hi Angie,

Yes, i will definitely go for more massages since it's affordable..: )

cheers,
astee

LZmommy said...

My girl's hair is very dry ever since she started swimming too. There is another conditioner which is for kids (purple bottle) which L is using. Perhaps I can try this when she finishes with that bottle :)

Please take care of yourself :)The price of the massage seems reasonable :) Wish I have time to go for one too.

Lydia said...

i like your "comments noted and action taken" style :)