Monday, March 30, 2009

真诚..

We decided to temporary stop Anthea’s Chinese enrichment lesson for this term due to her Wednesday revision classes at her tuition centre. The other timings were not suitable for her.

After making the decision to stop her classes, I received a call from her 天 下 teacher-白老师. She was very concerned about me stopping Anthea lesson for a term. She said she was worried that Anthea may not be able to follow up when she rejoined the classes in term 3. She also gave me her observation on Anthea’s learning in her class. She said that Anthea is very serious in her learning process. She just needs a bit more encouragement as she is quiet in her class.

I was surprised but very happy to know that the teacher is genuinely concerned of her students. I had the opinion that since this is a private school; I would think that Teachers would not be as concerned since their priority may be different for commercial schools…hee. I was so glad that Anthea is in 白老师 class as I know she care for her student and their progress.

Last Saturday, I brought Anthea for her make-up lesson in白老师 Saturday class. After that lesson, Anthea decided that she wanted to continue her 2nd term with白老师 in that same class. I asked her if she really wants to do it as it was a Saturday morning lesson. She said YES. So now we are back on track for her Chinese lesson.

I am glad she made this decision because I know she has been enjoying her Chinese lessons with白老师 and it’s a pity to stop for the term. With so much talks about Mother tongue, I sincerely wish she will LOVE 华语 as much as I do…. : )

1 comment:

Shiny Stars said...

Anthea is so lucky to have such loving and responsible teacher. An all out for students' learning passion teacher!