Wednesday, April 01, 2009

报告班长 / 我胖了!!

Last week when Anthea came home from school, she told me…”mommy, I am the monitress of the class now. From now onward, I must help Mrs. Koh.” She said with a very big, bright smile on her face.

During the PTC before the 1 week school holiday, her form teacher already mentioned to me her intention to “promote” Anthea as the class 班长for the 2nd term. I am really happy for Anthea as I know this will help to build up her leadership quality and also she must set a good example for her classmates.

Now, after school, I will ask her about what duties did she do during the school hours and she will share them with me.

I told her she should always listen to Mrs. Koh instruction carefully and follow it dutifully. As all her classmates will be looking upon her, she must always put on her best behavior.

I hope she will continue to do well in this term and be a role model in her new position. : )

Recently, family members had been commenting to me that: 她好像胖了!!Nope, they were not talking about me…thank Goodness…HEE ! They were referring to Anthea. My eldest brother who had not seen her for a few weeks said that she has grown so much these few weeks.

I had observed and noticed the same but I was not worried. As a matter of fact, I am happy. During her days in childcare, she was on the skinnier side. After starting Primary school, she is slowly but surely growing.

I believe this is mainly due to her improved appetite and well rested nap. Each day after lunch, she will do her school or tuition homework. After that, she will watch a little of TV program. Then she will drink her Milk, yes, she is still drinking milk. My MIL (a nurse by profession) has always taught me – don’t stop her, let her drink as long as she wants. Milk is supposed to be nutritious for the children. Recently Adrian also mentioned that the children milk contained all the vitamins as well.

Then after her milk, she will take her routine 1 ½ to 2 hours afternoon nap. A mommy has shared this with me before “会睡觉的孩子会长肉。”. I believe what she said is quite true to a certain extent.

Looking at Anthea progressing well in school and growing up healthy at home give me great satisfaction and comfort. I know my decision as a PTSAHM has been rewarded.

7 comments:

Shiny Stars said...

Hee I always love kids who are "Ba Ba (肉肉)".

Enough rest really makes vast differences! Beta concentration, energy at the peak!

班长, Bravo!

Aces Family said...

hi Vivien,

haha..yeah, 肉肉 one very nice to pinch hor...: P

Yes, children must rest well in order to grow and have better focus in watever they do.

Hope she will fulfill her role well..haha.

astee

blurblur said...

No wonder my Damien so skinny..he doesn't like to nap...sigh... :P I have to literally 'force' him to nap, and he'll 'entertain' me by closing his eyes for maybe 5 or 10 mins, to him, that's his nap.

Aces Family said...

hi BB,

Sometime i think genes also play a part, I am more on the "BABA" side, so maybe she takes after me...: P

Don't worry, when Damien starts all his CCA, he will sure gain more weights. He is TALL for sure..looking at his photo.

Anonymous said...

Well Done!! Being a monitress definately helps to build their leadership quality and also responsibility! She must have been a very good example for teacher to choose her!

I can feel your pride too. But hey, I don't think she is fat la..she looks healthy to me!

Aces Family said...

Hi mommy Charmaine,

Yes, Anthea is a bit introvert when she's outside, so i hope this new role will help her to be more outspoken.

I think her "Fat" is more obvious to people who had not seen her for a while...: )

cheers,
astee

ShanZen - Brightsong said...

I think it's also likely due to P1 has more exercises with PE and recess breaks. Ee Zen has also gained 3 kg since starting P1 (3 kg in 4 months is superb for my skinny boy) and he is one kid that hates sleep. so i think it's the exercising that helped!