Wednesday, April 22, 2009

“丰收日“

Learning Journey @Ecogarden

On Tuesday, Anthea School organized the 2nd Learning journey to Ecogarden@Science centre. This learning journey is in line with the English lesson on “My River” and Mathematics “Numbers to 20”.

The school letter mentioned that “it is compulsory for the child to go for this learning journey as experiential learning is a key focus of the Primary 1 SEED programme.”

Also on the letter, parents were advice to pack some Snack for the child to bring along for the outing.

On Monday afternoon, Anthea told me that Aunty Brenda will be going as PSG. So I thought that I should prepare the snack box for Max and Brenda too. So I smsed to Brenda and told her that I will prepare Baked rice for them for the outing. (She was very kind to pay for Anthea’s Macdonald lunch on last Friday, so I thought I should do something in return.)

On Monday afternoon, I went to NTUC Extra and bought the ingredients to prepare the ham & egg baked rice. This is a recipe shared by aunty SK. Both Anthea and Adrian love this bake rice.

I prepared the ingredients and set them ready in a casserole so I can bake it the next morning.

On Tuesday morning, I woke up at 5.30am and started baking the rice. After 30 minutes, the baked rice was ready and I packed them into 3 snack boxes. I told Anthea to pass the 2 snack boxes to Aunty Brenda when she sees her in school.

At the end of the day, I asked Anthea how was Ecogarden, she said it was fun but very hot..haha.

She told me she enjoyed the baked rice and finished all the stuff I packed in her box. : P

She had another round of baked rice for her lunch. Anthea simple adore cheese, gave her any dishes with PLENTY of cheese and it will sure to win her vote. What a ‘Cheesy girl’…hee.

ROI (Return of Interest)

Both Anthea and Anders had POSB kids account and I will always bank in their Ang Pow monies or sometime Birthdays ang pows. In 2003, when I went to the bank to deposit money for Anthea, the bank tell prompted me a Trust Fund account and mentioned about the potential interest that I can earned from this fund instead of keeping in the Kids saving account.

After careful discussion with Adrian, I deposited a sum of monies into the fund. I was prepared to put the monies there for 10 year tenure or if the Bank hit the target %, then it will redeem the fund.

Yesterday I received a letter from the bank to advise the fund had been redeemed. My capital investment + interest had been banked to my account. After some calculation, I was surprised that the fund did pretty well against the economy crisis. The interest earned was about 4% PA over the 6 years. If I had kept the monies in the Kids account, I don't think I will get ½ of the amount...hee. No bad...even though the amount is small but still adds up.

Now I am going bank shopping for the next available fun(d)!!

5 comments:

Didi said...

Do you mind share the receipe of the Ham and Egg Baked Rice ? Thanks !

Aces Family said...

Hi Didi,

I would be happy to share the recipe, do you have an email address for me to send to?

regards,
astee

thinkingmama said...

Can I check will the rice/cheese turn hard? Do I need to pack ice pack into the lunch bag? Thanks :)

Aces Family said...

Hi Thinkingmama,

As Anthea had her baked rice in the morng during her recess, so the time frame from baking to eating is abt 3 hours. So the rice is still nice and soft.

I didn't pack any ice pack...hee : P

regards,
astee

Joyce Long said...

Hey..your casserol look yummy