Thursday, April 09, 2009

Happy 7th Year Old Birthday Celebration - Finale

Today, 9 April 2009, Anthea is 7 years old. Brought back good memories of 7 years ago when I delivered her in Mt.Alvernia hospital.

A few weeks back, after we celebrated Anders birthday in the childcare with his friends. Anthea said that she wished to celebrate her birthday with her classmates too. Hmm...Mission Impossible...I wondered. I told her as she is in a Primary School, so chances may be slim to get approval for birthday celebrations. Of course, I am not going to say “NO” to her without even trying.

Last week, I wrote an email to her form teacher – Mrs. Anna Koh to seek her approval for the celebration. To my greatest surprise – she said OK to my request. I told Anthea of Mrs. Koh approval and she was very happy. I told her the celebration would take place during her recess time from 9.30 am to 10 am. This will not disrupt the class lesson.

Then we started to source for her birthday cake. She shortlisted 5 of them – Winx club and Princess Cakes.

Finally we decided on E-creative Princess & The Pauper cake. Since E-creative does catering, I ordered some mini pizzas for the children as well. I also prepared some nuggets/ cocktail sausages for them.

Through my parent volunteer program with her school, I got to know one of her classmate’s – Max mommy - Brenda. So I engaged her help with the celebration.

In the morning, Brenda came over to my place to help me carry the food stuff to her school.

We set up the cake, food stuff and yakult at the Canteen table around 9 am. The form teacher has kindly advised the Mother tongue teacher to release the children early for recess for the celebration.

Around 9.20am, all of the children started to come in to the canteen. The children sang birthday song (both English & Chinese) for Anthea. Then she blew the candle and started distributing the cake.

The children were having a good time with the cake, mini pizza, and nuggets/cocktail sausages. Mrs. Koh also came along to join in the celebration.

After the food, we started to distribute yakult and the children enjoyed the drinks..
: P

We had many “uninvited guests” as well...haha. Many other children came to the table and started asking for cakes and food. Luckily I ordered the 2kg cake and it was enough to go around for the extra guests.

The recess ended at 10am and the children went back to their classroom for their lesson.

Anthea had a fun time with her classmates and I know she will remember her 7th birthday celebration with her Primary School friends.

On this special day, I want to wish my Lovely Princess –:

“A Happy 7th Birthday and just like what your name symbolize – May you always be Happy & Beautiful like the Flowers in Spring. “

5 comments:

blurblur said...

Wow!! That's so nice of the school to adhere to your request!! I'm sure Anthea had a wonderful time celebrating with her classmates and school mates! :)

ShanZen - Brightsong said...

happy birthday, Anthea. Ee Zen would be drooling at your birthday treat as he likes yakult very much too. ;)

Mommy Lose Weight said...

happy 7th birthday to Anthea! It's such a nice name .... LADY OF FLOWER :)

Idy said...

Happy belated birthday, angel Anthea!

Aces Family said...

Hi BB,

Yes, i was find it more meaningful for her to celebrate it with her classmates. Since next year they may be in diff classes.

Hi BS,

Yes, i think Ee Zen is not the only one drooling. I noticed all the children were eyeing on the yakult before the celebration starts..haha : P

Hi Ling,

Thanks and you have a FLOWER at home too..: )

Hi Idy,

Thanks for the well wishes.

cheers,
astee