Friday, April 24, 2009

"天使"的行动

Some days Anthea & Anders will ask me “mommy, when is Siti jie jie coming back? Why she so long hasn’t come back? “

Yes, why so LONG she is not back yet…hee. Some day I also hope that she will come back and join the family.
In honest true, I told the children “Siti jie jie will not be coming back. She has to look after her own family – her husband, her mother, her sister and of course, her new born baby boy.

Exactly 2 years back, Siti left for home .She got married and she is now a proud mother of a baby boy. I would not be surprise if she sms me and say “madam, I am having my no.2 baby…hee.”

Siti joined us in early March 2004, the same year I delivered Anders. She was shortlisted by my maid agency when we were looking for domestic helper. The agency was spot on and shortlisted the perfect match for our family.

I still remembered the 1st day when I met her at the agency – she was so small and skinny. Then we brought her to my mom’s place and we had dinner there. Anthea and she hit off on their 1st meet and I was really happy that Anthea took it very well with the new jie jie of the home.

At that time, as I was still pregnant and waiting to deliver Anders, so I had the chance to be home to monitor her progress. During my confinement month, siti was trained by my wonderful confinement lady who taught her all about Chinese cooking.

When she was confident to be home alone with Anders, I started on my Part Time job and she became his main caregiver.

In 2005, Siti’s father passed away suddenly and her family asked for her return to tend to the funeral. That’s was a heart breaking moment because she planned to return home for good. We went along with her decision.

A few weeks later, she called and said she wanted to come back to work; we rushed to the agency and reapply her work permit to the family. Then she was welcomed back with open arms.

She served us well for the next 2 years till April 2007. She had to return home to get married and looked after her elderly mother and younger sister. We were sad to see her leave but I was happy for her. She had found happiness in her marriage life and is now a proud mother of her own son.

Seeing how she had taken care of Anders, I know she will be a very good wife and mother to her family.

Yes, I really missed her at times, especially now I have to single handedly do all the house chores, tend to the children and keep up to date with my working life. Luckily my mom would come in once a week to help me with a bit of chores. : P

Siti really took good care of our family during her 3 years with us. I know I would not be 2nd time lucky to get such a wonderful helper like her. Especially after seeing friends who had so much issues with employing new helpers.

Also our present logistic arrangement does not require a domestic helper as I am the “maid” myself. : P Sometime I even told myself “in my previous life, I must have been a 太太,because now I am slogging like a slave and I may slave myself to death…做到死为止“哈哈!!
Yes, Siti had been our 天使for the years and I thank my Guiding Angel for bringing her into our family and our life.

On our 2nd year without maid review – I am glad to say that “I am still surviving!!”

4 comments:

ShanZen - Brightsong said...

You won't need to slave till death lah. When your kids are older, can 'train' them to do some housework, like how my mum use to 'train' me and my brothers (now, my brother helps his wife!). i'm hoping my kids would be willing but they are now reliant on my parttime help (which i can't do without since i also have an elderly in my home).

beaglesg said...

I have had a rather good maid for the past 4 yrs ( but both left after their 2 yr contract).

Our 3rd maid was a mismatch!
She was transfer within a week giving reason that she don't like to care for children. And since i'm delivering soon, i thought just let her go if she already voice out her concern. But why did'nt she say NO when she was first contacted by the agency????
That anger me a bit.

So our family had left with NO helper for the last 1 month...Thank God for my mum who is helping for the interim.

We are all eagerly aniticipating for the Next "GOOD" helper to come.

blurblur said...

Your Siti is really a treasure! :)

Well, I am also the 'maid' of the house now...on certain days I really wished I could have a maid to help out, but then I don't think I can convince myself to have a 'stranger' living under the same roof..hehe.. :P

Aces Family said...

Hi BS,

Yes, i want to train my children up to be able to do hsework. Esp anders, i want him to be a hands on man... : )

Hi Beaglesg,

You are lucky to have 2 good helpers.

I feel that nowaday the maid are quite choosy, don't do this, don't do that. Wonder if they are here to work or enjoy life..sigh.

Good luck to your next helper.

Hi BB,

Yeah, it takes time to get use to a Stranger but once she bcomes a part of the family, it'll take a while to get used to again when she goes home...: P

regards,
astee