Tuesday, April 07, 2009

RENEWALS !

Home Facial

We stayed in a very friendly neighborhood and I know all my 左邻右舍。There is one family whom are Malaysian and they worked in Singapore. They rented the unit from a Singaporean. (See how nosey I am to even know about such details..haha)

Well, in this family, there is a lady who works as a beautician in a beauty parlor in Singapore. So the other day I asked her husband if his wife does freelance facial during her off days. I seldom get to see her. The husband told me yes, so I asked him for her contact number.

We managed to connect and last Thursday which was her off day, she came over to my home and gave me a home facial. It had been a long time since I had my last facial and I needed one badly.

The 1 ½ hour session was very therapeutic and the best deal is I can do it on weekday. Usually I will need to arrange it on weekends when Adrian is home with the children. But now with this new discovery, I can do it right at home. (Of course minus the ambience).

I also don't like weekends facials as it clashes with my weekends joggings. Given a choice – I will choice health over beauty, especially for an aging aunty like me...hee : P

Employment Contract

My current employment contract ends on 9 May. So fast, 6 months is coming to an end for my contract. I did a quick check with my Agency and she advised me to check with my reporting Manager directly regarding the possibility of renewal.

I spoke to my Manager and he told me that as the company fiscal year closing is end June, he could not give me a definite answer yet if the budget may be approved. However he told me that he would like to renew me for a month – from 10 May to 09 June 2009 and asked me if I am agreeable. Of course, I was fine with his proposal.

So now I am renewed for another month till 09 June 2009, then I will know my “FATE”end of June. Actually the timing suit me fine as our Family Sydney holiday is planned for the week of 8 – 12 June. After the holiday, I can look after Anthea since she is having her mid year holiday, till further notice.

Of course, if my contract is not renew, I will become a FTSAHM for the time being and look for any other opportunities.

So far the 6 months of being a PTSAHM has been fulfilling. I am enjoying my work and at the same time, enjoying the time that I had spent at home with Anthea.

At times, it can be very tiring, especially rushing to and back to fetch her but I know all these effort are worthwhile. Seeing her happy in school and at home. This is truly PRICELESS.

4 comments:

stardust said...

Yes I am wondering how to be PTSAHM during the school holidays. So you are taking contract job. Will be following your footsteps in a few years' time when Vince goes to primary school. :)

Joyce Long said...

it is indeed priceless..no regrets...happy for you that you have choosen the right path..

Aces Family said...

Hi Stardust,

For me, i will usually asked my hubby to apply leaves during sch holidays, if he can managed 2 weeks, then the other 1 - 2 weeks, i will get my mom's help.

Alternatively, i was considering the afterschool care centre, they have holiday progs.

So these are the few options for me.


Hi Joyce,

Yes, seeing them grow and being with them during these moments are so important. Glad that i am lucky in my decision.

regards,
astee

blurblur said...

Being able to spend time with our kids in their growing years is indeed a blessing! :)