Wednesday, April 15, 2009

跑吧,孩子

Anthea's Primary school 7th Annual Athletics Meet 2009 will take place this Friday, 17 April, from 8 am to 12 noon.

According to the Principal letter – “All Primary 1 to Primary 3 pupils (non-competitors) are strongly encouraged to attend the Athletics meet.

As I am working the morning hours, so I told Anthea that I may not be able to bring her for the event and she may go over to my mom's place while I am at work.

However, Anthea expressed her keen interest to go to the stadium to give her classmates her support. She is not shortlisted for any race but a few classmates of hers are participating in some races..

Honestly, I would love to bring her for the event but I know this week my work loads are quite packed as there are a few upcoming projects and my GM will be travelling soon.

Since I can't bring her there personally, I would not want her to feel disappointed and miss out the fun. So again, I approached Brenda and asked if she can help. She was very helpful and immediately arranged with me the time that she would pick Anthea and also the time I would pick her after the event. I really owe her a BIG one...and I am really glad to have known her through the PSG.

I told Anthea of the Friday plan and she was very happy and excited. She said that she likes Max's mommy (that's Brenda's son, he is in the same class as Anthea).

Today in school, they also have some kind of House race and Anthea was shortlisted to run for her house – Pluto.

Yesterday in the evening, she went with me to the jogging track and we did a quick race to practice her run. She was all geared up and looking forward to the run this morning.

After school when I fetched her, she told me “mommy, Pluto won the race and we will be getting our trophy tomorrow.”

I am really happy that she enjoys sports so much. She even told me she wants to sign up for basketball. I will find out more from her form teacher... : )

Now she is looking forward to the Friday event and I hope that she will have a great, fun time at her 1st sport day.

7 comments:

beaglesg said...

Well Done Anthea!

My girl's school also recently had their sport day. but they did'nt involve the P1.

I remember when i first participate in the sports day was 20++yrs ago... I was also in my P1 and i won myself a badminton racket.

Aces Family said...

Hi Beaglesg,

Thanks. Yeah, actually for P1-3, it's not compulsory but it's good for her to experience.

I also enjoyed my SPORT Days long, long time ago...hehe : P

cheers,
astee

Anonymous said...

well done Anthea! nothings beat receivng trophy! its a good encouragement for the kids to wanting to do better.

Lydia said...

Hi Astee,

You are a wonderful mom who looks to the interest of your gal, making her wishes come true and true :)

I like how you make it happened for her to celebrate her b'day at school with her classmates.

blurblur said...

Well done Anthea! :)

Her school seem to have lots of activities, which is good! :) I'm so looking forward to Damien's sports day, but no idea when is that going to happen..hehe..

Aces Family said...

hi Mommy Charmaine,

Indeed, it's a great encouragement for the children. Anthea even told me to set aside more space for more trophies...whoa..haha.

Hi Lydia,

Thanks for your kind words.

Actually i think all mommies would do the same for the Love of their children. It's just different ways of expressing them.

Hi BB,

Yes, Anthea's school is really having lots of activities and i am happy that she is enjoying all of them...next week, they are going to Eco-garden @ Science Centre. This is part of their learning journey program.

cheers,
astee

Angie said...

healthy body helathy mind!! :) well done, anthea!