Friday, March 20, 2009

Anders 5th Year Old Birthday Celebration in School

Before we left for our Hong Kong tour, I asked Anders if he would like to celebrate his 5th birthday in childcare with his K1 friends. He said Yes as he had enjoyed few of his friends birthdays and he hopes to do the same.

Coincidentally, E Creative mailed me a catalog which has different cakes designs. I saw a Ben 10 cake and asked Anders if he would like to have that. He said no and chose another cake which has a Dinosaur and cars. So last Friday, I placed an order for the cake via E Creative online store. I had ordered few cakes from E Creative previously and I find their cakes nice and delicious. Their customer service is also good. After I placed my online order, I received a call from the company and they reconfirmed my order details.

The birthday celebration was arranged for Friday, 20 March during the K1 tea break. I made arrangement with his class teacher – Miss Valentine before we left for our trip. His class has a total of 18 children.

This morning, I went to work as usual. Adrian was still on leaves, so he brought Anders to school and Anthea was with them.

The cake was delivered to our home around 9am while Adrian was out having breakfast with Anthea at the HUB. So I told the deliveryman to leave the cake outside the door. When Adrian and Anthea came home, they said the cake was on top of the shoe rack cabinet…hee : P

After work, I met up with Adrian and Anthea for a Dim Sum lunch at Crystal Jade Toa Payoh. We miss Dim Sum during our Hong Kong trip, so this lunch was to compensate Adrian’s craving..haha.

Then we shopped around Kiddy Palace for a while as I needed to get a gift for my cousin’s son. She will be celebrating his full month on Sunday.

We went home after that and got ready to go to the childcare for Anders birthday celebration. We reached the childcare around 3.30pm as this was the time that the K1 children wake up. Anders was very excited when he saw all of us there for the celebration. His friends were all equally excited and keep calling me “anders mommy, today’s anders birthday”, “anders mommy…..”

Around 4pm, the birthday celebration started. His friends sang for him the birthday song in English and Chinese. Then Ms Valentine helped me to organize the children in their group to take photo. She even helped us to take our family photo, really sweet of her. Thank You, Ms Valentine. (Ps: I know she reads our family blog…very touch!!!)

After the song, the centre aunty Catherine also helped us by cutting the cake for the children. Looking at the way that Anders was happily giving out the cakes to his friends and teachers, I know he was having a great time. I had ordered a 1.7kg cake and I told Adrian that I thought it was big but to my surprise – it was just nice as most of the children asked for 2nd helping and they really love the cake. (I ordered the Blueberry filling chocolate sponge cake).

Then after eating the cakes, we returned to his class and he started giving out the goodies bags to his friends. I managed to pack the 18 goodies bags on Thursday. In the goody bag, I packed – a packet of Junior Milk, Oreo biscuit, cheese crackers and a few gummies. Anders helped me to them too as he was at home to rest on Thursday…:)

He was a very Happy Birthday boy as he was all smiled throughout the celebration and after the event ended, he told me he wanted to stay in class to listen to Ms Valentine storytelling and play toys with his friends. So we left him in school while we went home.

Around 6pm, we fetched him from childcare and met up with my parents and da-ge for dinner at Yishun Bottle Tree Park.

We had a very sumptuous dinner and good time sharing our Hong Kong trip with my family. I also bought some 老婆饼for them. This time I didn’t search for 恒香 as before. So I just bought the other famous brand –
荣华 which shop was near Eaton hotel.

We chatted about holidays and my brother recommended that we should try 台湾 as there is also a nice theme park near 台中. I shall start doing my research for our next family vacation…haha.

This Sunday we will have a simple birthday celebration for Anders as his actual birth day falls on 22 March 2004.

我的宝贝就快五岁了。。。看着他的成长。。心里很感恩!!

5 comments:

Shiny Stars said...

Happy Birthday Anders!

Stay Healthy & Happy Always!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Anders boy!!

Meekfreek said...

Happy Birthday Anders! What a beautiful cake you had to share with your friends!

Aces Family said...

Hi to all the mommies,

Thanks for the birthday greeting to my birthday boy..: )

cheers,
astee

blurblur said...

Happy 5th Birthday, Anders...grow up healthy and happy! :)