Monday, March 09, 2009

A Restful weekend

I was down with flu on Friday and took a day of medical leave to rest at home. Adrian was covering his colleague’s guard duty on Friday, so he was on guard off on Saturday.

Basically, this weekend is a resting weekend for us before we go for our short break next weekend.

On Saturday, after lunch, we had a good nap and I woke up around 5.45pm, the medicine was making me very drowsy. Then Adrian suggested that I should go for my walk/jog to purge out the “poison” and I heeded his advice. Anthea and Anders tagged along for the walk/jog.

I took a slow jog and it felt very good. While I jogged, Adrian went to the playground near the track with the children. After I completed my rounds, then he did his run.

We bought back dinner and had a simple meal at home, then rested early for the night.

On Sunday, I felt better but still bit lethargy from the medication. In the morning I went marketing and bought some food to cook for dinner.

In the afternoon, I went to visit my cousin Jun Ru; she had given birth to a healthy Baby boy named Ying Teng (蔡胤腾). It was such a nice experienced to carry a newborn in my arm. Those were the days…haha.

I also had a good time catching up with my other cousin Ying Herng, who is home for a while before she goes back to UK for her work.

In the evening, I went home to prepare dinner. Adrian helped me to cook chicken rice. Thanks to May's recommendation – I managed to prepare a dish of Steam Codfish with Wolfberry. Both Adrian and Anthea love the dish. Anders does not really like it... :P

After dinner, I watched the movie – Lara Craft on TV5 and enjoyed it so much. Then after the show, we had an early rest.

Looking forward to next weekend break...买东西,吃东西。。。

4 comments:

Shiny Stars said...

Yes these days the weather is bad...can be so hot in d noon and then rained in the evening!

take good care ya for next week happening shopping spree!!!

Enjoi!

LZmommy said...

Hope you are feeling better now :)And Happy Belated Birthday to you Astee :)

I was watching the show too with LZ and while breastfeeding little Beanie :)

blurblur said...

Hope you're feeling better now. Take care ya!

I missed that show cos was 'entertaining' my botak, but Damien and daddy enjoyed it very much!!

Anonymous said...

get well soon, astee! seems like we are allgetting sick. take care!