Sunday, March 22, 2009

难忘的五岁生日!!

Looking back in 2004, I still remembered Anders was born during the SARS period so visitors were restricted. At that time, I didn’t even allowed Adrian to bring Anthea to KKH to visit her little brother.

Today he is officially 5 years old and I am really happy that he’s growing healthily and happily, although he still give us the “sad face aka black face” whenever he does not get what he wants. I wish he will outgrow this habit SOON……!!!

As he had celebrated his birthday in the childcare, I told Adrian that we will not organize another family celebration with the extended families to spare all of them from overdose of cakes…haha.

My BIL celebrated his daughter 2nd year old birthday on Saturday evening with the family and relatives and they had ordered 2 tiers cakes from Pine Garden…haha.

So this year, we kept Anders birthday celebration within our Aces family.

In the afternoon, we went over to my cousin’s place for her son’s Baby shower. When I carried her baby in my arm, it sent a smile deep to my heart, yes, 5 years ago, Anders was just like him.

After the baby shower, we went home to rest. Our original plan was to bring the children to dinner at Swenson in United Square and then bring Anders to Toy R Us to let him chose his own present.

However, around 5pm, Adrian received a call from my Father-in-law and he said he wanted to buy a present for Anders. He said he was going to buy the DS that Anders wanted. The evening before at my BIL house, my FIL asked Anders what he wants for his birthday and Anders said he wanted a DS.

Adrian told my FIL that he need not get such an expensive present and also we were worried that Anthea and Anders will “fight” over the game, like they did with the Game Boy. My FIL was very kind to "insist" in getting Anders the present, so Adrian went to meet him at AMK HUB to get the DS. My FIL doted on all his grandchildren and will showered them with his love in his own way.

When Anders and Anthea woke up from their nap around 6.30pm, they were surprised to see the birthday present from Ye Ye. We told Anders that Ye ye had instructed him to share the DS with Anthea jie jie and if they “fight” over the game, Ye ye will TAKE BACK the DS. …: P

Both of them were so excited and wanted to play with the DS immediately. So I told Adrian that we should go nearby for our dinner. Finally we decided to try Miss Clarity (which was recommended by the IT Family..). The place had a nice setting and ambience was relaxing. Food was nice but some dishes came out spicy and Anthea could not eat them.

We wanted to order a slice of cake for Anders to celebrate his actual day but when I asked him to chose a cake from the counter, he said “I celebrated my birthday already, now celebrate again….2 birthdays? “ haha…I told him we would like to sing him a birthday song but he said he don’t want as the cake does not look nice...: P

Finally we didn’t have the cake but the children had ice-cream and we had a great meal together. After that, we left for home and they started playing with the DS… : )

This had been a “Dream” comes true for Anders and I know he will remember his 5th birthday for
a long time…

7 comments:

blurblur said...

Wow...lucky Anders to have such doting grandparents! :) I believe Damien would love to have a DS for his present too..hehe.. :P

Aces Family said...

Hi BB,

Yes, Anthea and Anders are lucky to have doting grandparents...: )

Yeah,it's every child's Dream Present - either a DS or PSP.
So will Damien dream comes true too... : P

cheers,
astee

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Anders!! wow..what a gift!! yeye really dote on him!

Aces Family said...

Hi Mommy Charmaine,

Yeye doted on all the 3 grandchildren in his own way..Anders is indeed lucky to have this birthday gift..: )

regards,
astee

Angie said...

happy birthday, anders!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you Ander! He is a year older now... so he will be a big boy, Astee . Well done, Astee!

ShanZen - Brightsong said...

Happy birthday, Anders. His birthday is quite near to Ee Zen's.

And I'm sure he would enjoy the DS as much as Ee Zen too. nowadays I have to keep in a "secret place" during weekdays so the kids won't fight over it and Ee Zen will concentrate on his school
spellings. :)