Thursday, March 05, 2009

Easy Bake Recipe

Now that Anthea is in morning school, I have to plan her breakfast. To me, breakfast is a very important meal for the day, especially for school going children and working adults too.

There are simple options like – bread, cereal and cornflakes. To add varieties to her choices, I would add waffles, steamed buns and muffins for her breakfast. In the morning, before Adrian leaves for work, he would have breakfast too. So I am actually preparing for 2 of them.

Gone were those good old days of Childcare centre breakfast. Now it’s my own preparation.

My fridge is stocked up with lots of eggs/ham/bacons/tuna and cheese because these are essential items for simple sandwiches and eggs dishes.

Last week while shopping for grocery at NTUC, I came across a Wing’s Chocolate Moist cake pre-mix recipe package. I read through the instruction and found that it was quite easy. All I need to add to the premix are eggs, butter and water. I bought a packet to try.

Yesterday afternoon as I had some extra time on hand, I decided to bake the cake.

After mixing the premix in a bowl with the ingredients, I used the electric mixer to give it a better mix, as stated on the instruction. Then I put it in the oven and baked it for about 30 minutes. The cake turned out very, very nice. This is the first time I am very satisfied with the baking. I think the new over is justifying it’s value too... : )

Anthea had a slice of the cake for her tea break after her afternoon nap and she said it was delicious.

Our breakfast was the Chocolate moist cake which I warmed up while preparing Pizza for Anthea’s snack box.

As the cake was quite big, I shared ½ of it with my parents. This morning I received a compliment SMS from my 大哥 and he said “the cake is getting better. Can open bakery in 2 years”….haha. I confessed to him that I used a premix recipe, so it’s really not my credit…. : P

Now that I get positive feedbacks on the cake, I think next time I will try their other flavor. Or I should start looking at my cake recipes again…hee : P



Just read that one of my blogging friend - Clement was warded in TTSH and went through a minor op. Hereby wishing Clement a Speedy Recovery !!!

2 comments:

ShanZen - Brightsong said...

so far my sponge cakes are all not successful, turn out either dense or hard. Maybe shall try out this brand of premix when I have the mood to bake again. :) But my boy doesn't like chocolate cakes (though his sister eats practically all sorts), did you see if this brand has othe flavours like strawberry, blueberry, raspberry?

Aces Family said...

Hi BS,

Yeah, i had the same experienced with my old oven. Too hard to too dense.

I took a look at this brand for cake, they only have choco,butter and sultana cake. No strawberry,blueberry or Rasberry.

regards,
astee