Saturday, July 05, 2008

“Ah SOHs” meet up – Cycling and makan session @ East Coast Park

One of my long time good friends, Cindy, has a son who is also registering for Primary One this year. Lucky for her, her husband,Dave, is an old boy and alumni of ACS, so needless to say, Angus will definitely get into this school. The other day, I emailed to Cindy and somehow we ended up arranging for a meetup on Saturday for a Cycling session cum dinner @ East Coast Park.


I told Anthea and Anders of our date with Angus kor kor. Both of them were very excited. They had an early nap in the afternoon. When they woke up, both of them were very anxious and kept asking me if we were still going cycling. Reason being there was heavy rain in the early afternoon. I told them: “yes, we are going as the rain had stopped.”

We met with Cindy and her family at the cycling park around 5.45pm. Together we started cycling towards the seafood centre. I had wanted to rent a bicycle which can seat Anders and me while Anthea will ride a kiddy bike on her own. But Anders decided otherwise, he wanted his own bike. So we ended renting 2 kids bikes. Cindy and Dave shared one double bike while Angus rides his own. I am so amazed that Angus had mastered the skills of cycling; he can ride without the additional 2 small wheels to balance. It is very motivating to see him ride on his own, I look forward to the day that Anthea and Anders can do the same.

Adrian jogged along with the cyclists while I walked along with Anders as he still cannot ride as fast as the rest. Anyway it was a beautiful day for cycling as it was very windy and the breeze was cooling. I enjoyed my walk...haha.

After an hour of cycling, we returned the bikes and the children had a quick changed of clothing before we headed off to Jumbo Seafood for our dinner.



Another of my long time good friend, Andrea, joined us for dinner. We had a sumptuous meal of fish, vegetables, meat and of course crab. I enjoyed the dinner very much, not so much because of the food but because of the companionship of my good old friends. At one point when we were taking photos, Dave even commented that it's the gathering of Ah SOHs (阿嫂)。Well, I believe we should be “摩登阿嫂“。哈哈!!

During our school days, we were quite a happening group – we were group of 7 girls and we named ourselves as L.P.A. De Somerset (Levantina Pink Asphalt de Somerset), don’t asked me what it meant, I just knew that it sounded Happenings during the good old days of Centrepoint kids and Far East Break dancers.. : P

Anyway, back to today, we are still in contact and I would always make it a point to be updated with each of them. So far, I am in constant contact with 4 of them. I really hoped that one fine day we can have a reunion of the L.P.A. de Somerset girls.. : )

6 comments:

LZmommy said...

So nice to meet up with old classmates and no, you ladies are not Ah soh at all! :)

Mommy Lose Weight said...

I envy pple having friends to meet up and keep in contact. I feel so lonely as no one initates any meet up and I am sick of the one doing that ...

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

Thanks for the compliment..hee : P

Hi Ling,
Understand that it's not easy to initiate gatherings.

Next time if there is a forumn meet up, i will invite you.. : )

cheers,
astee

LZmommy said...

Hi Astee

I have an AWARD for you :)

Shiny Stars said...

So nice to have true old friends. These kind of friendship are for life!

Astee said...

Hi Vivien,

Totally agreed with you, Lifetime Friends.

astee