Saturday, July 12, 2008

陪读妈妈与“天下”

Recently Adrian attended Anthea’s Parents-Teacher-Conference, he came back and feedback the teacher's comments. Her English teacher – Ms Valentine said that her English is good and she had confidence in her works. Her Chinese teacher – 罗老师said her Chinese needs improvement as she is weak in certain area.

Well, I took the teachers comment very SERIOULY and started to source for Chinese lesson for her. Actually all these while, I had wanted to do something for her English and Chinese but LAZINESS took the better of me... : P

I did some researches and finally decided on this language school – 天下。 My colleague's daughter also did the same lesson in this school and her feedback was good. Needless to say, anything that had endorsement from a mother who is of HIGH STANDARD will win me too...hee.


We arranged for Anthea to have a Friday afternoon lesson after consultation with my mother in law for logistic support. As she is now retired, she agreed to help me bring Anthea for her weekday lessons instead of me “jamming her lessons” on weekends.

On Anthea first lesson on 4 July, my MIL brought her to the school. I guess because of the new environment and classmates, she was a bit tearful. After the lesson, Anthea asked my MIL not to make payment for the lessons. She will talk to me 1st. So after some talks and persuasion, I decided to follow her on her 2nd lesson. I asked the school for permission to sit in during the lesson and they were very kind to accede to my request.

On Friday, 11 July, I fetched her from childcare after her lunch/bath. We headed to Tien Hsia for our lesson. I followed through the 1 ½ hour lesson. The class was small and there are only 5 students in the class. Heard from the administrator that this is actually the 2nd class since the 1st class was full. Good for Anthea as she will have more personal attention from 云芳老师。The 1 ½ lesson was very enriching, the children learnt 拼音,认字,写字。 There is a 听写list for next lesson.


From observation, I know Anthea enjoyed the lesson and I think she just need a little more time to get used to the class.

When we reached home, we revised her lesson and even learn the 听写list. She was very eager to learn them. I am glad that she had interest in Chinese and I know for sure, I would be there to guide her along and ensure that she will LOVE 华文 as much as I do... : )

This was my 1st experienced as a “陪读妈妈“and I know there will be many more to come as she starts her primary school soon.
宝贝,加油,妈妈会支此你!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi astee,

I hope Anthea will enjoy the Chinese lesson as Chinese language is really a beautiful language. May i know 云芳老师's surname? I have a ex-Sec school's fren called 云芳 too!

Thx

LZmommy said...

It is good know that Anthea is showing interest in Chinese :) I'm sure with your help, she will love it as much as you :)

Angie said...

Language is best learnt when they are frequently used and made fun to the children! :)

Louis & Eve said...

I'm sure Anthea will grow to appreciate Chinese, especially when she has you to share, guide and encourage her along to love & appreciate the language :)

Hmmm...even this chinese ignoramus like me has heard of "Tian Hsia" before... maybe there's hope for Faith and me.

Astee said...

Hi Maylin,

I will try to find out her teacher's surname.. : )

Hi LZmommy,

Yeah, indeed, i want her to enjoy her Mother tongue as much as possible.

Hey Angie,
Well said and i should let Anthea meet Jae more often to learn the language.. : P

Yo,
No worries for Faith, she will sure be able to learn much from the enrichment ctr and hopefully, her 2 cousins.

cheers,
astee

Shiny Stars said...

Ultimately, Mummy will sigh a relieve when kids enjoys their lessons, coz when they enjoy, they learn fast!

Good for Anthea!

Anonymous said...

Hi..came over from LZmommy's blog.

Our girls are the same age and mine is having her enrichment class with tien hsia too on Fri...but doubt they are from the same centre though.

I personally finds their programme very good and it really preapres them well for P1.

The P1 classes is even better. They followed the MOE syllabus but extend the vocab.

Hope she will continue to have fun with Tien Hsia.