Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Our New Luggage Bag

Nope, we are not going for another holiday….haha.

Recently after our Phuket trip, I was unpacking my luggage bag and realized that there was a SMALL Hole on the bottom of the bag. So I thought that I should try to claim via the Travel Insurance that I bought from NTUC Income for the family trip.

So Adrian went to submit the claim at the office in AMK Hub. He was advised by the insurance agent in order to file the report; the insurance company needed an official letter from the Airline concerned. I called Silk air and mentioned to them about my claim. The Silk air agent referred me to call their Airport handling agent which I did and lodged in a report on damaged baggage.

Last Saturday, the representative from the company came to our house to pick up the “Damage Baggage” and mentioned that they will try to repair it.

On Monday, I received a call from the luggage company and they mentioned that they are sending the luggage back to us. I thought to myself: “wow, not bad, repair is so fast.”

At lunch time, arrangement was made for the luggage to be sent to my office. When I met with the representative, I got a shocked. It was not my “DAMAGED LUGGAGE”, it was a BRAND NEW LUGGAGE BAG and it is BIGGER than my original. I asked the rep, “what happen to my old luggage”, he said: “cannot repair, we replaced a new one. If anything wrong, please call us again.”

I was impressed with the overall service that I had experienced with this baggage issue. The only hiccup was I actually logged in my feedback/comments via the SILKAIR Website but there was no response, so in the end, I called them personally. Other than this, the handling agent response to my call was quite immediate which made me think that standard in the Airline industry had gone up a mark since my airline days.

Okie, it's time to plan for our next family holiday since we have a new baggage...haha : P

5 comments:

Angie said...

For the sake of the new luggage, pl plan a holiday!!! :D

LZmommy said...

So nice to receive a new bag :) I think the airline industry is so competitive now and they will try their best to retain customers.

Aces Family said...

Hi Angie,

Yeah, i am so tempted leh, now waiting for our relatives for the year end tour proposal..hee : P

Hi LZmommy,

Yeah, now CUSTOMER is KING/QUEEN..hee.

Gone are those BAD old days..: P

rgds,
astee

Noe said...

Awesome!!!
Wah ha ha ... That's another thing to look forward to. Airlines customer service. =P

Aces Family said...

Hi Noe,

Yes, it's Awesome!!! I think with expectation getting higher, the industry also need to up their service level.

cheers,
astee