Friday, July 25, 2008

“Small, Tiny, Miniscule”

On Wednesday, 23 July 2008, Adrian and myself went to view the showrooms of Condo Like Flats - Park Central @AMK. We viewed the 4 bedrooms unit as the 5 bedrooms are way above our affordability… : P

My impression of the unit is are described in 3 words :

SMALL – Living room is small and can accommodate a 2 seater sofa and small coffee table

TINY – 3 Bedrooms are tiny and they had built in wardrobes, all rooms had a 1 meter high balcony wall. This ledge is basically built next to the windows. So it takes up quite a fair bit of spaces. Safety is also another major concern.

MINISCULE – KITCHEN and UTILITY area is a real DISAPPOINTMENT. To me I always view these 2 as the most important parts of a home. I am not a professional chef but still I need a spacious kitchen in order for me to prepare a simple home-cooked meal for my family on weekends.


Utility area is also important as I hand washed the children clothing every day and I really need a good place to air dry their clothing during the day. Also on weekends I do heavy laundries of towels and bedsheets, can’t imagine where to hang all these in the utility area… : P

I think for this new property, the selling point is condo-like, so exterior must look neat and span, interior does not matter much.

I told Adrian that I am a typical HDB AUNTY/ Tai Tai as my top preference is PRACTICALITY and SPACE. Especially with children, all these are our daily necessities.

After viewing the 4 rooms and doing some in-dept discussion with my In-laws, we decided we will NOT try to ballot for the unit. We will wait for other opportunities that are more suitable and affordable for us.

My MIL even said that after viewing the showroom, we will appreciated our Home sweet home more than before and I AGREED wholeheartedly.

6 comments:

Louis & Eve said...

What a shame about the units. Unfortunately, new flats are built small, esp the kitchens becos of the trends that most Singaporeans don't do much cooking.

So, maybe back to looking for a unit near Mom's place then :)

Angie said...

my kitchen is tiny too. so tiny that if 3 pple are in the kitchen, there is no space to walk. hmmm... but so far so good for me, coz i am a typical aunty who doesnt cook. but i will have some trouble if i want to do some baking with jaimie when she is older. maybe we'll hv to use the living room!?

LZmommy said...

Nowadays the new flats are so small that we have given up hope on getting one too :(

Aces Family said...

Yo Eve,

Yeah, we will wait for suitable unit around mom's place..at least we know the layout inside out..haha.

cheers,
astee

Aces Family said...

HI Angie,

Your kitchen sounds fine cos you can have 3 people in it..the one i saw is good enuff for 1 or worst case 2 people..can u imagine.. : P

Don't worry, when u r ready to bake with Jaimie, naturally you will find a Workstation..haha.

cheers,
astee

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

Yalor, unless we strike BIG lottery,otherwise, we cannot afford those BIG units..haha.

cheers,
astee