Sunday, May 11, 2008

TT & CC Beautiful Wedding

We woke up to a nice & cool Saturday morning, got ourselves ready to go over to my In-laws house. The wedding couples were scheduled to arrive at 9.30 – 9.45 am.

We reached my In-laws place around 9 am and helps out around. One by one the relatives started to arrive. The buffet caterer was very prompt and the set up was ready by the time we arrived.

At 9.30 am, the main coordinator arrived and told us that the Groom and Bride had arrived and we were all supposed to “hide” away. This is a tradition that has been practiced. This is to avoid “clashes” with the Bride/Groom. The couples went straight in to their matrimonial room, once they are inside, all of us started coming out of our “hiding places”.

Anthea was tasked to serve the wedding couples a bowl of 汤圆 each. I believe this is to symbolize their marriage as “圆满”. Then after that the tea ceremony started. Traditionally, it used to be served in ranking orders. But nowadays, things are simplified to 1st come 1st served...hee : P

So after my in-laws drank their “媳妇茶”, then followed by the seniors ranking relatives, then it was our turn. TT & CC had to address us as “阿伯/伯母”; I believe this is to follow how their children will address us the next time. So I got promoted once again.

After the tea ceremony, it was time for the children to jump/roll on the matrimonial bed – symbolize “早生贵子”. One of our aunties even guided us to let Anders jump 1st before the 2 girls – Anthea and Faith joined in.

Then Cherry changed to her tea dress and the couples return to Bride’s home for their tea ceremony.

We had a quick lunch and went back home to let the children had their power nap around 1 pm.

Around 3pm, I brought Anthea to my usual Make-up artist to do our make-up and hair. Initially I had planned to ask my SIL aka Eve to do Anthea’s make-up, since we were at the salon to do her hair, I thought might as well do her make-up. Glad that I made this decision because at the hotel, Anthea needed to do the walk in rehearsal with the Live Band singing. So time was quite tight for her. Also I had to go & pack MacDonald Happy meals for the children to have some light bites before the dinner.

The moment of truth started around 8.15 pm when the Emcee announced the grand entrance of the Bride and her father. Anthea was the Flower Girl and when the ballroom door opened, the light was focused on the main door and she was standing there with the flower petals. Then she started walking in to the tune of “Butterfly Kisses” sang by the Band. Then Cherry and her dad walk in. It was a Lovely and Beautiful moment for the Bride, her dad and Groom.

I am also very proud of my little princess as she did her task very well, much to the satisfaction of the wedding couples. (she got BIG ang pows from Uncle Terence & Aunty Cherry for job well done. My MIL also rewarded her with an ang pow.)

The wedding walk in song is very touching and lyrics are very meaningful:

She'll change her name today.
She'll make a promise and I'll give her away.
Standing in the bride-room just staring at her.
She asked me what I'm thinking and I said "I'm notsure-I just feel like
I'm losing my baby girl."
She leaned over...gave me butterfly kisses with her mama there,
Sticking little white flowers all up in her hair

"Walk my down the aisle, Daddy-it's just about time."
"Does my wedding gown look pretty, Daddy? Daddy, don't cry!"
Oh, with all that I've done wrong I must havedone something right.
To deserve your love every morning and butterflykisses-
I couldn't ask God for more, man this is what love is.
I know I gotta let her go, but I'll always rememberevery hug in the morning and butterfly kisses. “

The solemnization began and it took about 15 minutes and the JP pronounced them as husband and wife. The ceremony ended with the JP wishing everyone good health.

Dinner commenced and we were all treated to a 9 course sumptuous food. During the dinner, Adrian had the chance to catch up with all the relatives. Food was good and service was excellent too. We had an enjoyable evening, also viewing the few montages that Terence and Cherry had specially prepared - thanking the parents and the family.
The whole event has been very well coordinated and I think Terence and Cherry has put in great effort to make this their very SPECIAL DAY. I know they will remember it for a long, long time.

Aces family wishes them a very Blissful Marriage and welcome Cherry to the Tan Family.

Dearest Terence & Cherry,

祝:你们百年好和, 永浴爱河!!

5 comments:

A Husband's Voice said...

Butterfly Kisses has been one of my favourite songs and I can imagine how hard it will be for me to give away my daughter.

Anyway I only have Isaac now so let's leave that for another day.

LZmommy said...

Congrats to the couple, Terence & Cherry!

I have never heard of that song but I love the lyrics! I bet that will be how my hubby will feel when it is his turn :)

I see that Anders is trained to be a Liverpool supporter too ;)

Aces Family said...

Hi Dylan,

Yeah,indeed, tis song is so beautiful and when i hear it sang by the original singer..i was totally swipe off my feet.. : )

Hi LZmommy,

Yeah, if u have the chance to listen it on Youtube..it's really Lovely and i know when time come, LZdaddy & u will feel the same.

Yup,remember our plan to visit LIVERPOOL..1 day..hee : P

cheers,
astee

Clement said...

Great song, this. It'd be my turn in 2 decades' time. Dunno whether to look fwd to it, or not. Feeling's so mixed over such things~

Aces Family said...

Wow Clement,

You are really a planner and thinker...can think in 2 decades' time.

佩服!佩服!

cheers,
astee