Sunday, May 25, 2008

Family Day Event – Hippo ride & Eat with your Family

24 May 2008 , Saturday - Hippo Ride Day:

In the morning, Anthea and Anders woke up early to watch their favorite - Dora the Explorer and Diego show.

I woke up around 8 am to prepare breakfast as Anthea had requested for Ham and scrambled eggs burgers. We had a good and hearty homemade American breakfast.

Then we started to get ready to make our way to the Flyer as this is the boarding point for our Hippo ride. As usual, we took the MRT from AMK to City Station. Both Anthea and Anders enjoyed MRT rides and I also tried to let them go on Public transport as often as possible. This is to let them know that we can never take things for granted in life and going by public transport allows them to learn the reality of life.

We reached City Hall station around 11 am and started walking via the City Link mall towards Marina Square. As it was also the start of GSS (Great Singapore Sales), all the retail shops along the mall were displaying the SALE signage and I was literally “drooling” as I passed those shops...hee : P

Adrian asked if I wanted to shop since we were early, I said No as I planned to have an early lunch for the children.

We reached Marina Square and at the central atrium, there were children sale items. Anthea managed to get herself a pair of slippers. Anders was looking around for a pair too but can’t get what he wanted. We went to the Marina Loft food court for a quick lunch before meeting up with my In Laws and my BILs’ family.

As we had extra tickets and it was meant to be a family day event, who else can we have invited for the ride?

We met up with my extended families at the Popeye Restaurant where they had their lunch.

Then we headed to the boarding area for the Hippo ride. Guess what - we were family of 6 adults, 2 children and 1 infant and we managed to all go onboard…hehe.

We played “Tourists” for the 30 minutes. It was a good experienced for our family. (The only minus point of this ride is that the 2nd level of the bus is open, so the seats were quite hot. Luckily the 1st level was air con, so my little niece still can enjoy the ride in cool comfort, I hope...hee.

Did you know:

- The new parliament and old parliament house locations?
- What is the record time of the winner who claimed the Swissotel Stamford Hotel?
- The Feng Shui story of Suntec City?
- The history of Beach Road?
- How many floors are there at the National Library, which floor can borrow books?

If your answers are No to some of the questions…may I encourage you to try the HIPPO Ride...haha.

After the 30 minutes ride, we were directed to another area to pick up our goodies bag. The children were treated to small cup of Swenson ice cream too. It was indeed a fun-packed family event for our family.

On the way home, we went to shop at Kiddy Palace @ Marine Square and Anders managed to get a pair of shoes for himself.

When we reached home, the children had their power nap before meeting our extended families for dinner at Pete’s Place @ Hyatt hotel. It was my first time dinning at this Italian restaurant. The good deal of this place is they provide free flow of breads...so it was quite a good treat for us.

25 May 2008, Sunday, Eating With Your Family:

“Lunch 2day”…was the 1st sms I received from my da ge, early this Sunday morning. Well, of course ON , how to resist it. So we had lunch at Sichuan Doufu restaurant at the UOB Plaza with my parents and my Dage.

It was a sumptuous lunch and we had a good time catching up with updates of one another.

After a good meal, we took a walk around Raffles Place…I misses the CBD (central business district) at times, especially with all the new shopping and gyms around this area… : P

Dinner was with my in laws and BIL’s family and we had it at Crystal Jade Kitchen. Dessert was home cooked bird nest soup, courtesy from my parents.

Quality family time is really precious especially everyone is so busy with their own family each and every day. I always enjoy and treasure these time with my families and extended families.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Astee, can my blog link to your blog? :)

Aces Family said...

Hi Maylin,

Yes, definitely you are welcome to do so... : )

cheers,
astee