Saturday, May 17, 2008

Anthea 1st Dental Appointment & EZ Link Card

I have been putting off Anthea's dental visit for a long, long time. Simply because I do not want her to be frighten off by the dentist and have phobia of going to the dentist for the rest of her life, like me. Recently, I noticed that her teeth’s has been dropping out and the new ones are growing. So I would like to bring her for a dental checkup.

I had a recommendation from a friend's to bring her to Dr. Ben Lim from Hosana Dental. His schedule is very packed and I had to make the appointment almost 2 months advance and her 1st appointment to the dentist was confirmed on 17 May at 1pm.

I brought Anthea for an early lunch at Macdonald before visiting the dentist. Adrian was home with Anders. We reached the dentist around 12.30pm and the nurse informed us that the appointment would be later, around 1.10pm. I was a bit concerned of this as our (or rather mine) schedule for the rest of the day is quite tight - all back to back. So I decided to postpone the appointment.

On our way back via MRT, I noticed that there were a few other Dental Clinics nearby the MRT Station. We went in to make enquiries; one of them had an available slot for a consultation. So I asked Althea if she want to go ahead or wait for the other clinic. She said OK. We registered her name and immediately, the dentist was available to see her.

I was a bit hesitant as I am not sure how the dentist is and worried if she can handled children. Lady Luck must be on our side - Dr Shally Tan was very soft spoken and she kept talking to Anthea while checking her teeth. She also explained to Anthea that there was a decay tooth and she need to fill it up. She showed Anthea of all the equipment that she will be using to do the filling. Throughout the whole process, Anthea was listening to the dentist explanation and she was quite comfortable, although I can sense a bit of fear initially when the process started. The dentist was very reassuring and kept telling her that she was a very Brave Girl and is doing very well.


It took less than 20 minutes and the filling was done and her teeth were checked. I was really glad and proud of Anthea. This was her 1st visit to the dentist and she had really done very well. She even told me: "mommy, it had been a fun day at braddle."

On our way home, we went to the MRT ticket office. I decided to buy Anthea 1st Child EZ link card for her. Anthea has been telling me that her teacher has been telling them to prepare for an EZ link card as there seem to be some plan of going around the neighborhood by bus. So I thought it would be good to get her one, just in case. Also we tend to take Bus/MRT quite often, so she can also use it when needed so.

She was very happy to see her EZ Link card and kept is safe in her wallet. I told her that she must not lose it; otherwise, it will be very troublesome.

In the late afternoon, I had my own appointment - facial and massage. There was a new saloon in the central and I went by it on a weekday with a colleague of mine. She went there to collect some free products as her mom is a member. So I took their trial facial & massage. The facial was good because it had been a long time since I had one. The beautician had a "good time" doing major overhaul on my face. I enjoyed the facial session as the beautician had very good skills. The massage session was passable but I still prefer St.Gregory massage...hee : ) It was a very good 4 hours spent and i felt good after that.

In the evening, as Adrian had his company dinner, I decided to eat with the children at the AMK Hub. We shopped around the mall after dinner.

It was an action packed day for us and we had managed to complete all the tasks with some good family planning.

Dr.Shally Tan
Q&M Dental Surgery
Blk 109 Toa Payoh Lor 1 #01-314, S310109
(Next to Braddle MRT Station)
Tel: 62592763

No comments: