Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Mommy's boy..


Anders is always full of surprises... sometimes they make me happy, sometime they make me angry. Like what Adrian always say, children come in packages. They can make the parents – Happy, proud, angry, sad, and many emotional roller coaster.

Since Siti, our domestic helper, returned home, I have been the main care person to him. Beside the times that he spends in childcare, the rest of the time at home, he will be with me.

He never failed to amaze me with his thought and speech. He will always ask me: “mommy, do you Love me? “Each and every day. Sometimes when I scold him because of his misbehavior, he will say: “mommy don’t love me.” It’s it his strategy to ensure that I give him 100% attention and love.

Usually on Fridays, we will dine out and let the children decided on what they would like to eat. Anthea love to go to the Japanese restaurant in AMK HUB, while I prefer something simple, like porridge.

Anders will usually make arrangement as such: “anthea jie jie, you go and eat Japanese with Papa; I go market and eat porridge with mommy…” So sweet of him to consider the best for all parties.

Many times I noticed whenever arrangement he made, he will always be with me and Anthea will end up with Adrian. I wonder next time when he go Army, will be need to pack me along.

Anders is quite street smart and fearless, unlike Anthea, who is a bit timid.. At home, when Anthea want to go to the toilet at night, she will ask me to accompany her as she is afraid of darkness. I will ask Anders to accompany her which he does without any concerns. When we go shopping around toy section, he will sometimes “disappear” among them and we will usually find him among the Transformers toys

The only thing that I hope he will outgrow fast is his crying habit. He tends to tears easily when he does not get his way and this gets on everyone nerves,especially me…so I do pray hard that when Adrian is on his oversea attachment, Anders can be a more sensible boy and less of a crying baby.

11 comments:

Angie said...

Children are angels from heaven~~~ :)

Anonymous said...

Sweet boy! He does always think of you that makes everything that you do for them worthwhile, isn't it? :)

Aces Family said...

Hi Angelcow,

YES, Agrees they are angels..but sometimes also "little devils".. : P

Hi Jean,

Yeah, true but sometimes being to focus on them make me lose my focus in life..sigh..i need to recharge.. : P

cheers,
astee

LZmommy said...

He is such a sweet boy :) He sure knows how to melt your heart.

Shiny Stars said...

Anders is indeed a very sensible and sweet boy ;p

Kids grew up fast, so really got to treasure every moment with them. But that said, 'distance makes the heart fonder' so we need to have 'off day' too, so that they will appreciate us more ya!

Astee said...

Hi LZmommy,

Yeah,he does melt my hears at times. But sometime, he make my heart "cry" too..hee : P

Hi Vivien,

I can't agree with you more. I think i need to recharge too...in order to walk a longer distance with them.

cheers,
astee

Louis & Eve said...

Actually, sometimes a kid's characteristic trait that we find difficult to deal with in the early years might turn out to be something in their favour e.g. a kid with a fussy temperament might turn out to be detail-oriented or a high-achiever.

Hence, Anders' crying might eventually morph him into a sensitive adult who's particular cued in to others.

If its any help, I read that from books and also heard from my paeditrician :)

ML Chai said...

I think is so wonderful to become a mother.... :)

Aces Family said...

Yo Eve,

Wow..i trust your comments (via books and PD) and hope that Anders will turn out to be a detailed oriented boy..hee : P

Hi May,

Yes, it's a package deal for Motherhood, you name it, we have it..haha.

I would think the family of Chai will has an additional to add on, in times to come.. : P

cheers,
astee

Idy said...

Hey Astee, is it normal for boys to shed tears so easily? Iden is like Anders, cries easily. I sure hope he will outgrow this phase fast.

Aces Family said...

Hi Idy,

I really don't know what is the answers...i am keeping my prayers everyday..haha. : )

ps: i actually related it to my pregnancy-when i was carrying anders, i was teared more becos of PNB..: P

cheers,
astee