Thursday, May 01, 2008

May Day Fun

In the morning, Adrian decided to bring the children to the watch a movie – Ironman. So while they were at the movie, I did my own errands.

I decided to get my hair rebounded on May Day because it is a Public Holiday and also from previous experiences, I know that I need to “rest” my hair for 2 days before washing it. So this means I am still ok to do my weekends jogging routines. Also the wedding is just a week more to go, so doing my hair this week is just in time, chinese say: "有头有脸 见人"..haha : P


As my regular hair saloon is closed for the Public Holiday, I had to source for other saloon that are open. After doing some research, I found this saloon in Ang Mo Kio Central that is open and does rebonding + cut + treatment at a good price.

I was quite amazed at the number of hairstylists that they had – almost 15 of them. I must say they are very systematic and every walk in customers was entertained. The teamwork effort was so well displayed in this outlet. At one time, you can have 3 hairstylists blow drying your hair. This actually helps speed up the process. I noticed each time when a hairstylist is done with his client; he/she will be looking around to give the others a helping hand. From their tone, I believe most of them are Malaysian.

I had my hair rebounded and colored within 4 hours which was quite good. When I did rebonding at my regular saloon, it already took 3 hours plus.

I was happy with the end result and best part is the hairstylist did not push any of their products to me. She just recommended. I think I won’t mind going back again for my next hair treatment.

When I reached home, Adrian and the children were having their afternoon naps. I had a light tea break and did some ironing.

After that, Adrian went for his gym session while I had a quick rest. In the evening, we had dinner at the YES restaurant at AMK hub. This is our 1st time trying this restaurant food and I told Adrian that the food was good. Both Anthea and Anders love their house special – baked potatoes. After dinner, we had Macdonald’s ice cream and took a walk at the Pasar Malam that was along Ave 3.

This has been a relaxing Labour Day for me.

3 comments:

LZmommy said...

How nice to have some ME time :) I don't think my hub will ever bring our kids out on his own. 1 yes, but bringing both out, no way. :)

How come never show your new look? :) I will be patient to wait till the BIG day :)

Noe said...

It sounds like a lovely winding down time. =)

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

Yeah, it's always very precious to find such ME time, so i fully utilised it..hee : P

Will update photo when i do my "makeover"..hee, so vain!!

Hi Noe,

Yeah,u r so right, indeed i had a Lovely time winding down ..tks for dropping in.

cheers,
astee