Monday, June 11, 2007

We BOUGHT it - Digital Camera

Since it was a Sunday and Adrian not playing badminton, I decided to go and buy the digital camera.

I planned to buy a Canon since they have some freebies and also for UOB Card holders, they have addition Free Battery for Ixus 75. So with all these in mind, we headed for Harbour Front to Canon Digi-lab. I was telling Adrian we might as well go there since the collection of free gift is at the Digi-lab.

We were informed by Canon that the Digi-lab does not do sale of Canon Cameras, we can go to 2 shops in Harbour Front. We ended up in BIG Mega store. When I enquired about the Canon and Panasonic cameras at the counter, the sale person “sold” me all the advantages of Panasonic compared to a Canon.

I found it to be so amusing because before coming to Harbour Front, I was still sms-ing Eve and she asked if I was confirmed buying a Canon. I replied her that I was ok with Canon unless someone sells me Panasonic...true enough; this sales person is doing it.

Finally I was convinced and bought the Panasonic Lumix DMC – FX 12, it comes with Free 2 GB SD Card, a Tripod stand and a LCD Screen protector. I bought an additional battery. With this purchase, the store even gave me a Sizzler meal voucher and a Complimentary Spa voucher. What a Treat…:)

After buying the camera, we had lunch at the Food Junction. It was not crowded, so we had a good lunch.

Then we left the place and headed home, as we exit the Vivo City car park, I saw a LONG Car Q’s. Vivo City is packed almost on all weekends. Lucky that we managed to avoided the crowd.

We brought Anders home for his afternoon nap. I was busied with the laundry.

The new camera is resting for the moment while I charged up it battery. I was advised to charge it for 8 hours.

Dinner was at Teochew City Seafood restaurant at Centre point. As usual, mother in law has some dining vouchers. So we had another big feast. After dinner, we window shopped around in Robinson, they did a major change - Children section is now on Level 6 and it takes up the whole floor and extend into the new wing of the building. Anders was so happy, seeing all the toys but we told him firmly that he can only see and not buy. Luckily he was agreeable to it. As for Anthea, she was busied shopping for clothes for Faith at Mothercare. I can tell both Anthea and Anders will dote on Faith as they grow together.

Another fruitful Sunday for us and looking forward to clicking away photos with the new camera.

No comments: