Thursday, June 28, 2007

Anders 1st Charge – 跪地请罪

Yesterday when I was at the childcare to fetch Anthea and Anders. Teacher Jessie approached me and told me of an incident. She said Anders was displaying some kind of “kung fu” strokes and teacher Jessie stopped him. Then when she was not watching him, he suddenly hit one of his classmates – a little girl and she got a small cut on her upper lip. Lucky thing is the cut is not too deep, so there was no bleeding.

I was so shocked upon hearing teacher Jessie description and my heart sank to the bottom. I do not know how to answer to her. She told me that he has been punished for his act. The punishment was he could not go for the outdoor play session.

I told Adrian of the incident on our way home as he was with us. When we reached home, I told Anders that he will not longer be allowed to watch the Ultraman & Power Rangers VCDs. I think his act of fighting may be due to all these vcds. I even told him if he hit a friend again, I am going to throw away all this toys.

He listens and agreed that he will not hit his friend in school. I hope this promise will come true.

Before dinner, Anders started his nonsense again and this time, Adrian was the one who does the lecturing and punishing. He made Anders knelt on the floor and think of his action. This is the 1st time Anders experienced this kind of corporal punishment. He was made to kneel for almost 15 minutes and he was crying throughout. I believed it must have been a very painful experience but I think Adrian has his reason for making him kneel.

Anders has not been an easy kid to discipline and many times, I asked myself “is it worth it to be angry” or “can I send him to some kind of boarding school from Mondays to Fridays” etcs. I am trying my best but it seem like my best is never good enough?

切记:子不教,父之过 :子女是否能够成才、还是会走歪门邪道,很大程度上取决于家长的管束和教育。

儿子,爸爸 要你跪地请罪是希望你能自我反省。虽然你年纪还小,我们还是要你学习正确的处事待人。

4 comments:

Louis & Eve said...

Don't dispair... maybe boys are just harder to manage and discipline when young. Anders is mostly a good boy, but just that he's a little rougher. Let's hope the difficult stage will be over for him soon.

LZmommy said...

He may not understand it now but when he grows up, I'm sure he will... Do what you deem is right :) coz you are giving your best.

Sometimes I wonder if I should stop them from watching power rangers/ultraman programmes... So far, they like to pretend play but never really got into any real fight.

Aces Family said...

Hi Eve,

Indeed, when i look back at Anthea growth, she had no such issues. Sigh...as it says, if the son is at fault, it reflects on the parent's teaching...so i really am lost, sometime.

Hi LZmommy,
Just trying all kind of methods and hopefully he knows it's for his own good.

If your children are ok and no such "bad" actions from the VCDs, then it should be alright.

rgds,
astee

Anonymous said...

I strongly believe in 子不教,父之过. Kids do need some punishment at times. I see that you are always giving him your best. Hang in there and as he grows older, he will understand.