Tuesday, December 30, 2008

REUNITED!!

This morning I woke up at 5.15am and starter brewing the coffee. Yes, it’s THE DAY that Adrian will be home. I did a quick check on the tele text and his flight SQ 25 was confirmed to arrive at 6.32am at Terminal 3.

After the check, I started to change and get ready to go to the airport. Anders woke up after I changed…oops… I wasn’t planning to bring the children to the airport. So I tried to put him back to sleep.

My 2nd BIL had initially wanted to pick Adrian from the airport but due his injury, he is restrained from moving around. I am very grateful for his offer to go to the airport so early.

At 6am, my mom came as planned. I had asked my mom to come at 6am to standby for the children, so I can make my way to the airport. I didn’t mention to Adrian about my trip to the airport as I wanted to give him a SURPRISE!!

I reached Terminal 3 around 6.33am and when I checked the arrival information, I saw that his flight has landed at 6.35am.

I called his mobile around 7am and we had a quick chat. When I told him “see you at the arrival hall.” He sounded surprise and asked “you mean you are at the airport.” I told him YES…haha.

I know Adrian is a very FAMILY man and he would love to see the families. Finally, when he met and hugged, he 1st question was: “where’s the rascals (referring to Anthea and Anders)”. I told him that they are home with 阿婆。

Then we made our way back to home sweet home. On the way home, we saw my FIL’s car and Adrian waved to him. Adrian also called my MIL to let her know he has arrived home safely.

When he reached home, he gave BIG HUGS to Anthea and Anders…haha. Both the children were so happy to see that Daddy’s home.

This will be Adrian’s final trip for 2008. There are more of such trips coming up in the years. With this year as a stepping stone, we know what to expect for the future trips. Meanwhile, we will enjoy daddy company while he is home based.

1 comment:

Shiny Stars said...

Welcome home Adrian!

A healthy n happy 2009 for you and family!

Cheers