Sunday, December 14, 2008

A “COLD” weekend…

Anders caught the flu bug this week and while taking care of him, I also got the “COLD” bugs. So far I am quite proud of myself of being able to keep healthy throughout Adrian’s detachment. I believe this is mainly due to the gym routine that I have been maintaining.

Of course, the body will still succumb to some viral in one way or another, which means the system needed a rest…: ) (短暂的休息是为了走更长的路)

So this weekend is mainly for me to recover from the cold and get well for all the events happening, next week.

This morning we woke up around 9.30am and it was drizzling and I quickly smsed the swimming coach. He mentioned that the lesson was still on and will only be cancelled if heavy rain.

So we had a quick breakfast and headed to the swimming pool. The weather was turning better for a moment when Anthea started with her swimming lesson. She was the only one who came for the lesson, so she had 1 to 1 personal coaching from the coach, not too bad.

Then after about 10 minutes warm up, he brought her to the deep pool and said that he wanted to build up her confidence. Anthea did a few laps in the pool with the coach swimming beside her. She had a great time and enjoyed the lesson.

Then we had lunch with my Mil who also does her usual morning swimming session at the pool.

After lunch, we went home to rest and I had a good power nap as the weather was so cool and nice.

In the evening, we had dinner at my parents place, really misses my dad home cooked 海南鸡饭 and I had a good time eating the 文昌鸡that my parents brought home from 海南岛.

Next Sunday there will be another round of feasting in celebration of 冬至. This marks the countdown of a month to our Lunar New Year and we are also looking forward to Adrian’s homecoming.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! your mil swim too! that's very active of her! keep it up!

ML Chai said...

I like 冬至 too!!! can have tang yuan with the family together... :)

Aces Family said...

hi Charmaine mommy,

Yes, my In-laws are still very active, my FIL plays badminton every sunday and also jog regularly...hee : ) That's why our whole family are very into sports.

Hi Maylin,

Been a while since i hear from you, hope you are doing fine. Yeah, you guys can have "汤圆“at Terence place this sunday too...: )

cheers,
astee

Angie said...

hope you are recovered by now!

Aces Family said...

Hi Angie,

Thanks and yeah i am feeling better.

Enjoy your KL trip.. : )

cheers,
astee

Shiny Stars said...

We always believe that napping and plenty of water is always a good way to fight against the virus rather on relying on medicines ;p

Its good to be down too so that our body can expel out the bad virus.

Hurray, Daddy is coming home soon!