Monday, December 29, 2008

Final Christmas Celebration & Sport Injury

This is the year of Parties for the children. Up till Boxing Day, they had attended 5 parties and they had enjoyed all of them.

Guess what? Santa Claus sleigh was delayed for his homebound and so he was stucked in Singapore for another day…haha.

On 27 December, we attended the Christmas celebration for residents at our Zone RC.

We had attended the X’mas parties for the last 2 years. This year, Anthea tuition centre was involved with the sale of the tickets, so naturally we must give the teacher our support. We bought 2 tickets at $5 each.

The celebration started at 6pm and we were there around 6.10pm. There was a host and he was able to speak quite a few languages – English, Mandarin, Hokkien, Cantonese and Malay. I was really impressed.

The audiences are mixtures of senior citizens, the uncles/aunties and the children. Before dinner, Anthea and Anders had a swinging good time at the playground just next to the block.

Dinner commenced around 6.45pm and it was a buffet. Everyone queue up orderly and collect our food with the coupon that we had.

After dinner, Santa Claus came on stage and all the children were encouraged to go on stage to collect their presents. Anthea and Anders went along too. This is the 1st time I saw Anthea going on stage on her own will. Usually she likes to be an audience and just sit in her comfort zone. Anders tagged along with Anthea.

While the children were all on stage and collected their presents from Santa Claus, the Host asked them to play a game on the stage. I was very happy and quite surprised to see both my children able to join in the game and had fun.

After the game, there was a magic show by Professor Popcorn. I think this year we also watched the most children Magic Shows at parties. They had great fun and kept talking about him, even after the party ended.

Overall it has been a fun celebration and I think this year party has improved compared to last year.

My families are SPORT families. Every Sunday, my FIL and BIL will play badminton; Adrian will join them if he is in town. My MIL will go for her swim. Anthea used to follow my MIL for her Sunday swims too.

This afternoon, I received a call from my 2nd BIl mentioning that he was twisted his knee while at the game. As his mobile phone got disruption, so I didn’t hear him clearly. From his tone, I gather that it was those normal sport twist which a visit to a sinseh will solve the problem.

I called my MIL in the afternoon to check the injury situation, and then only I realized that it was a bit more serious that what I thought. He was on crutches and his left knee was on small bandage.

In the evening, we went by to his place and when I saw him, I knew it is not a simple twist. He is due for a review on Wednesday and I pray hard that the injury will heal on its own and need no more than just physiotherapy.

Having been through a sport injury myself, I can understand how he felt, physically and emotionally. It will be a tough week for my 2nd SIL but I know she can make it and we will be giving her our best support, in whatever ways we can.

Aces Family wishes Uncle Louis a speedy recovery.

No comments: