Thursday, December 25, 2008

A “Food-Filling” Christmas...

This Christmas has been a very peaceful and of course – FOOD Filling one...haha。

As I mentioned in my previous blog of the numerous feasting gatherings, these are the after event thoughts:

Feast 1 – Christmas Eve Brunch

I joined my ex-colleagues in their office for the Christmas Brunch. My roast chicken and Swiss rosti were a success and general feedbacks were positive – Phew!! What a relief. There were a lots of food – Sushi platter, mini sandwiches, Nonya Kuehs, Pastries, Chinese style roasted duck and mini log cakes.

It was very good to be able to see all my ex-colleagues again and I had a good time catching up with them. 2 of my colleagues(Rachel & Pearly) even gave me christmas presents...i am really touched for their kind thoughts.

Feast 2 – Christmas Eve dinner

My 老爸 roasted the Ribeye steak that I bought for dinner and he did it to the usual perfection. Everyone in the family enjoyed the juicy and tenderness of the meat. Beside the ribeye steak, we had sausages, mashes potatoes, steam vegetables, ham, salad and soup. It was like a full course meal and I ate to my heart contentment. Of course, a glass of good red wine completed my meal.. : P

Feast 3 - HAPPY CHRISTMAS "BIRTHDAY” Celebration

A very cool and nice morning we had this Christmas day as it rained whole day on Christmas eve.

We had simple breakfast of some leftover cakes and sandwiches which I brought back from the brunch.

Then we went over to my 3rd Bil condo for a late morning swim as the children had planned on Tuesday night when we had dinner cum shopping with Terence. I saw Anthea swimming her “breast-stroke” and I was pleasantly happy that she was doing the stroke correctly. The swimming lessons that we started with the new coach has been rewarded.

After the swim, we had a quick shower and then had lunch with Terence and Cherry at their home. I brought over some of the leftovers (again) from my dinner. Terence also had special home made seafood baked rice, courtesy from Maylin and Bruce (Cherry's brother and sister in-law). The baked rice was really yummy and we had a nice meal.

Anthea and Anders enjoyed “ordering their drinks” from the Bar counter...haha. (I received a Christmas present from May, really appreciate her kind thoughts even though she is now heavily pregnant, she still went through the effort.)

After a good lunch, we went home for our afternoon nap.

Our dinner was at my 2nd BIL/SIL home, my 2nd BIL – Louis is a Christmas day Birthday Boy, so the dinner was a Christmas cum Birthday celebration. A few of the relatives also came over to join us for the dinner.

Well, both Louis and Eve is food gourmet and where ever they travelled, they would try out Michelin Star Chef Restaurants.

For this year Christmas dinner, the “Master Chef and her Sou chef " whipped up all the special dishes. We were treated to some very special and wonderful dishes.
The dinner menu was a 3 course dinner:

– Vietnamese fresh rolls
– Beef Stew
–Crab Meat Pasta

For dessert we had Tiramisu and of course a home baked birthday cum Christmas LOG CAKE!!! We sang the birthday song and a Merry Christmas song.

Our aunty also brought along their signature dish – Baked cheese and ham rice. Yes, it was a real feast as well.

For the different course, we were served different wines; we had White wine – Red white – Bailey Iris Cream.

Before dinner, we had the chance to video conference with Adrian from Louis's home. Adrian was very happy that he was able to chat with the families and I knew this meant a lot to him. Especially these are the people dearest to him.

Overall, this has been a very Blessed Christmas for us. I know great families, good friends and blessed food do not happen by chances and we will alway APPRECIATE what we have in our life...

No comments: