Friday, December 26, 2008

Boxing Day Special

Originally I had a lunch appointment with 2 of my long timed MJ Kakis – Madeline & Linda. However, in the morning I received a message from Mag that her little girl was down and she can't make it for the lunch. So we decided to postpone it till next chance.

As we were corresponding via SMS, I did a quick check with Linda if she is an OG Card Holder and BINGO!! She is one. I had the intention to go OG to get May a Christmas Gift since I saw the advertisement on Christmas Eve Straits Times.

Finally, I arranged to meet Linda at OG Albert Complex after my work. She was on Boxing Day off. We had a quick lunch at Rochor Centre. As we walked passed some of the streets stalls, I was so surprised that Chinese New Year goodies are up for sale already. We started our shopping after a good lunch of the famous 肉脞面。

I bought the Thermal pot that was on special price for OG Member. It was almost 50% discount. All these while, I know that May is very keen to get herself a thermal pot as she love to cook. When I saw her at the BBQ gathering, she even commented that her electricity bills are soaring because she is making more soups nowadays. I know this thermal pot will be a very ideal Christmas gift for her. Although it is not one of those branded one, I had an ex-colleague who had used it and mentioned that it's of very good quality and work efficiently.

(Ahem...secretly I am also hoping by giving May this gift, we will get to enjoy one of her special dish – 猪脚醋. (Adrian loves this dish...: P )

After a good round of purchase, we had dessert at one of the shop nearby. Linda is a regular to this OG and she knows the surrounding very well. She even recommended me where to get the Chinese New Year stuff... : )


This Christmas Anthea and Anders received a handful of Christmas presents from families and childcare. They had a great time opening their Christmas presents:

Anthea received the followings:

- Barbie Pencil Case (大舅)
- Hello Kitty Lunchbox (uncle Louis & aunty Eve)
- Guitar (uncle Terence & aunty Cherry)
- A set of pajamas and some clothing(爷爷和奶奶)

Anders had the followings:

- Water bottle (大舅)
- Shinkansen Lunchbox (uncle Louis & aunty Eve)
- Ben 10 projection watch (uncle Terence & aunty Cherry)
- Clothing (爷爷和奶奶)

Both of them are very lucky to have uncles, aunties and grandparents who love them.

5 comments:

ML Chai said...

:) Hey thanks a lot!!

SURE!!! I hope Mr.A will be around,we can have 猪脚醋 for CNY reunion dinners!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I am also eyeing the thermal pot... shall go to OG tomorrow to check it out :)

Aces Family said...

hi May,

You are most welcome.

Wow..猪脚醋 for reunion dinner, what a treat..hee.

Hey Idy,

Must go fast cos i saw the thermal pots selling like hot cakes..a lot of ppl are buying.. : )

cheers,
astee

Shiny Stars said...

Astee, you are a very sweet friend, always know what your friends need ;p

Kids are so lucky these days, their presents are so fanciful!

Blessed Christmas to you and your family ;p

Aces Family said...

Hi Vivien,

Well, at least i know what she wants and that makes it easy..: P

Children are very lucky !

rgds,
astee