Sunday, February 15, 2009

“快乐情人节“ - Valentine Weekend @ Shangri La Hotel

We had a very enjoyable weekend stay at the Shangri La hotel. On Saturday, my BIL joined us to the hotel and checked in the 2 adjoining rooms for us. Yes, he booked 2 rooms for our family.

We had room 293 & 294 at the Garden Wing of the hotel. Anthea and Anders were so happy to see the adjoining rooms and started checking out the rooms amenities.

We had a room with a King Sized bed and a room with Double Queen Sized beds. Anthea allotted the 2 rooms accordingly and she said that I should sleep with Anders in the room with King Sized bed while she took the twin room with daddy…haha.

After checked in, the children had requested to take a swim, so I brought them to the pool while Adrian went for his gym workout. We had about an hour of water fun. Anthea challenged me to race and I was very happy to see her swam on her own.

When we finished our swim, we went back to the hotel to change. The children had a simple tea break and took their power nap. I went for my gym workout while Adrian stayed with them in the room.

Around evening, my parent in laws came over with my niece to use the pool. Anthea and Anders joined them for another round of water fun at the pool. They were running all around the pool while my little niece was busy chasing after them. Luckily my In-laws had standby because my little niece was jumping in and out of the 2 children pools.
(Faith - my little niece)
When we were all done with swimming, we went back to the room to shower and changed for dinner. We took the hotel shuttle bus to Takashimaya shopping centre and had dinner at the Imperial Treasure. The meal was sumptuous with a nice pot of double boiled winter melon soup.

We went to Borders after dinner and Anthea bought a few stories books and Ander bought a Ben - 10 DVD.

Then we took a slow walk back to Shangri La hotel from Borders. Upon reaching the hotel, my little niece had some fun in the room with the Light control and she was also running in & out of the 2 rooms, looking for her 2 cousins…so busy…haha. Around 10pm, my In-laws left for home with my little niece.

Then it was our turn to chill out. Anthea and Anders had fun with the computer game on Adrian’s laptop. (Internet was FREE!!). Adrian had his bottle of Bacardi Breezer while I had my bottle of Hooch with our packet of healthy cocktail nuts. He was watching Football channel and I was enjoying the movie on HBO. This was ENJOY Life to me….simply relaxing. We knocked out around mid night.

The next day we woke up around 9 am and went to The Line restaurant for the buffet breakfast. The spread was sumptuous and we had a great meal.

After a hearty breakfast, we went back to the room to rest while before going to the pool for a morning dip.

At round noon time, we prepared for checked out, actually we had late checkout till 3pm but we had planned to go to Chan Brother’s Travel Fair at Suntec City, so we checked out earlier.

Luckily I had already made “appointment” to see my tour consultant prior to going to the fair, otherwise, the waiting time would be terribly long, judging at the Q Numbers…phew.

While I was settling the details with the consultant, Adrian brought the children to Food Republic for lunch.

At the fair, I was entitled for some goodies bag/lucky draws and a trolley bag. After claiming all these, I was walking towards the escalator an d I saw one of my IDOLS - Violet粉樱.
I approached her and asked for a photograph to be taken with her and she readily agreed. She also used her camera and took 1 photo of us together…oops, does this mean I may have the chance to appear on her diary…樱儿日记。

I met up with Adrian and the children at the Food Republic and then we went home. The children had their power nap before meeting up with the extended families for dinner.

We had a wonderful and memorable Valentine weekend and the children even said they want to stay at Shangri La again…haha.

Till our next weekend getaway….祝天下有情人总成眷属!!

4 comments:

Angie said...

that is a very enjoyable stay!!

blurblur said...

It certainly is a wonderful Valentine weekend! :) Shangri La should offer you guys free membership..hehe.. :P

Shiny Stars said...

Wow, its really a wonder V day to remember!

Sadeesh said...

Nice blog
Singapore Tour Packages