Sunday, February 22, 2009

都是新发现

发现(一) : CICADA
My youngest SIL has recently got a job promotion and she decided to give the family a dinner treat.

The dinner was confirmed on Saturday and the venue was at
The Cicada @ Ports down Road. Our families seldom ventured to this part of the island for dinner and I was really glad we had the chance to discover this new venue.

The restaurant has a very big outdoor seating area and the indoor setting is also very comfortable and cozy.

We ordered varieties of dishes from the menu – pizzas, pasta, Cicada Burgers and some main course. My youngest BIL even ordered a bottle of Red Chilean Wine. Food was good and we shared so much laughter at the dinner table.

My FIL even commented that he enjoyed our weekly weekend get-together dinners as it’s the only chance we updated one another of the latest happenings.

After dinner, we had desserts and the restaurant gave us 2 complimentary scoops chocolate ice-cream for Anthea and Anders, this is what I called customer service. I know we’ll be back for more…haha.

Aces family presented Aunty Cherry with a small gift for her promotion and thanks her for the sumptuous dinner treat. Hope that she likes our gift.

发现(二): Pumpkin Rice
Thanks to
LZmommy recommendation, I decided to prepare Pumpkin rice for our dinner on Sunday evening. However, as I can’t print out her menu from her blog, I managed to goggle and found a similar recipe. While Anthea was having her lesson, I did my marketing for the ingredients.

Adrian also brought Anders to the swimming pool for some water play while waiting for Anthea.

In the evening, I cooked the pumpkin rice and a pot of cabbage with spare ribs soup. The rice was nice and Adrian liked it. The children, as usual, have different opinions. Anders managed to finish his bowl while Anthea had about 2/3 of her serving.

We had a relaxed evening after dinner and watched Shark Tale on TV.

We had another wonderful weekend and spending quality family time. Looking forward to our next Saturday dinner celebration.

2 comments:

Shiny Stars said...

Wonderful companions makes food taste even beta!

Sadeesh said...

Nice blog
Singapore Tour Packages