Sunday, February 08, 2009

Lo Hei Weekends – “大团圆“


Our Lo Hei started since Friday evening. We invited my Parents in law for a Lo Hei dinner at Zhou’s Kitchen @ Novena Square. Since Chinese New Year till Friday, our extended families have not done any Lo Hei, which is very unusual from previous years practice. : P

This was also an appreciation dinner towards my In Laws for giving our family moral & physical support during Adrian oversea detachment. We ordered a Chinese New Year Set menu which bound auspicious names:

- 丰收鱼生(Bountiful Harvest Salmon “Yu Sheng)
- 廷年益寿 (Double boiled chicken soup)
- 喜哈大笑 (Crisp fried Prawns with Butter and Wheat)
- 高瞻远瞻 (Braised spinach bean curd with Mushrooms and vegetables)
- 风气呈祥 ( Stew Chicken with fermented wine)
- 金银满屋 (Fried glutinous rice with Chinese sausages)
- 鸿运团圆 (Sweetened red bean cream with glutinous dumpling)
We had a very nice and relaxed dinner. My father in law even went to invest in the Toto Ang Bao draw after dinner… : )

Hopefully the Lo Hei would bring lucks and good health to the families for the 牛年。

On Saturday morning, I prepared my traditional 年糕 for the family. This is another tradition I will upkeep.

Wishing Adrian 步步高升in his career; Anthea 学业进步;Anders 快高长大!

We had New Year lunch at Imperial Treasure restaurant with Adrian’s group of buddies. I had known them since our dating times and it’s a yearly affair to meet up during Chinese New Year. We had a very sumptuous dim sum lunch with a very Auspicious Abalone cum Yu Sheng Lo hei.

At lunch we had a good time with new updates on one another families. After lunch, we headed home for the children nap.

In the evening, I had a gathering with a group of my Ex- colleagues from IATA. One of the colleagues will be migrating to Australia, so this gathering was mainly for her farewell.

When I reached her home, I was so happy to see so many good, OLD friends. I had left the company since 2003 and to see all of them after 5 – 6 years really brought back good memories.

Hugs were all around and some shed tears of joys. We were busy chatting and the house was filled with laughter at all corners. I met my ex-Boss (Kelly) and we had a good time reminiscing those good old working days. She is still with the company and I think she is reaching her 24 years of work with the company.

The organizers – Vivien, Alice and SL had ordered buffet and also arranged for a special farewell gift for Maggie.

Coincidentally Alice birthday also fall on this day and Maggie’s daughter baked a Bailey’s cheesecake for Alice birthday. We sang her a birthday song, double happiness…oops..Nope, another friend’s Su also celebrated her birthday on 3rd February, so we sang another birthday song….joy after joy.

Good time passed fast, at around 9.30pm Adrian came over with the children to pick me up. I was scheduled for another round of Mahjong session at my youngest BIL home… : P

My youngest SIL, Cherry, is still a ‘PPP’ (P-Plate Player) in mahjong but judging at her game, she will be PRO very soon…haha.

Today is the eve of 15th day of Chinese New Year (元宵) ,we will be doing another round of “reunion dinner” at my parent’s house. This is to celebrate a 圆满Chinese new year and may the year ahead be 一帆风顺, 大家生活都美满。

6 comments:

Angie said...

元宵节快乐!

祝你风生水起!

Anonymous said...

元宵节快乐!

blurblur said...

元宵节快乐!祝你辛福美满!

Aces Family said...

hi Angie,

也祝福你事事顺利

Hi Mommy Charmaine,

也祝福你一家快乐!!

hi BB,

祝你家庭美满

Shiny Stars said...

Wow, so eventful!

祝你和家人身体健康!

Sadeesh said...

Nice blog
Singapore Tour Packages