Friday, February 20, 2009

Her 1st Learning Journey - Harbourfront

Anthea is currently learning about different types of Transport vehicles in her lesson.

In order to make learning more real and interesting, the school organized a Learning Journey (we used to call them excursions) to the Harbour Front on Thursday, 19 Feb 2009.

The children are learning about – Ferry, Cable Car, Lorry, Motorcycle, Fire-engine and Taxi, just to name a few. So at Harbour Front, the children would have a chance to see all these different types of transport vehicles.

I believe MOE curriculum is trying to allow the children to learn more and seeing the real thing would give the children a better impression of what they learnt in the classroom.

For the day outing, parents were advised to pack a small bag with the following items:

- color pencils
- pencil case
- A cap
- raincoat or umbrella
- Water bottle
- Snack box ( I prepared a home baked pizza/ cheese cocktail sausages/ apple with a packet of chocolate milk for her)
- Tissue/wet tissue
- One small plastic bag

The evening before the excursion, Anthea was so excited and kept doing her checklist with me to make sure I had all the items in her bag.

I had signed up as PVG but as I didn’t hear from the group, I thought that they had enough of PVs to go along with children. However, in the evening, I heard from a mommy that they actually needed more volunteers. Next time I will write to the class teacher to check with her directly. .. : )

Anthea came back and told me that she had a fun day at the outing and she get to see all the different type of vehicles. She even told me that she had taken the cable car with me and my MIL before. I know for sure I had never taken the cable car in Singapore, so the ride could be in Hong Kong. . : P

It has been a good learning journey for her and I am glad that she had the chance to experience out of class room learning.

7 comments:

therens said...

I think it's better to ring the FT and let her know you're keen on accompanying them on the Learning Journeys. Prior to that, email them.

Nel

Shiny Stars said...

So nice to relate whats learning to the real things!

For our times, we can only imagine!

Mamabliss said...

Hello I stumble upon your blog and wanted to invite you to join the fun in the giveaway that I am hosting in my blog http://lilhandmadesbymamabliss.blogspot.com/2009/02/chic-giveaway.html

Aces Family said...

Hi Nel,

Yes, after this outing, i know what to do for her next Learning Journey, Thanks.

Hi Vivien,

Yes, we can only imagine and think. Now seeing is believing..: )

Hi Mamabliss,

Thanks for the invitation.

rgds,
astee

blurblur said...

These days, schools are getting more innovative! I'm waiting for Damien's school to organise any such outings. :)

Sadeesh said...

Nice blog
Singapore Tour Packages

لمار للتسويق الالكتروني said...

شركة نقل عفش بحائل
شركة تنظيف بالرياض مجربه
شركة رش مبيدات بحائل
شركة تنظيف بحائل
شركة تنظيف مجالس بحائل
شركة نقل اثاث بحائل