Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My New Turbo Incanto Oven

My current Turbo Oven had been giving me signal that it’s prepared to “RETIRE” by "short circuit" the whole house each time I turned it on... : P

I told Adrian about the oven and he said it’s about time to give it a rest and replaced a new one. Yes, the oven had served us well for almost 10 years and we should change it.

Based on my previous experienced on changing my Turbo Hob, I contacted Happiness and asked the agent for assistance. She arranged for a technician to come to the house to access the oven. He brought with him a catalogue too. After accessing the situation, he advised me to change a new one too and he mentioned the few suitable replacement models.

The day after the technician came, the agent – Miss Kee called me and advised me on the price of the few models. Finally I shortlisted – TFP1603CXT the model that met my budget and my needs…haha. Immediately she placed my order and arranged for the delivery and installation on Tuesday, 17 February.

The delivery and installation took only about ½ hour and now my new oven is ready to serve me. And together with the instruction manual, there is a recipe book….not bad. I can use some good baking idea.

12 comments:

Angie said...

my oven is only used for baking chicken nuggets. =_= i wish i hv the time and passion and patience and skills to do some decent baking.

Anonymous said...

Hi Astee, wow the oven seems great! I am waiting to get my replaced hehe...so that I can do some decent baking without having to worry each time I placed my batter in whether it will turn out ok or not. heheh....happy baking and cooking with it!

Aces Family said...

Hi Angie,

I believe your passion for baking will be as strong as your passion on bento once you get started ...: )

Hi Jean,

Yeah, i saw all your cakes and i must say - you bake very well. Hope to get more baking tips from you once your oven is replaced..: )

cheers,
astee

LZmommy said...

Wow! New oven! *envy* I will probably see baking posts in the near future ;)

blurblur said...

What a nice oven! :) I don't own an oven, I rely alot on my microwave oven...haha.. :P

Shiny Stars said...

Hei my oven has dead on me for many years liao! Like yours, once I switched on, it short circuited the whole house.

Am thinking of changing it too. What is the total cost huh (pricing of removal of the spoilt oven and the cost of the new oven)?

Aces Family said...

HI LZmommy,

Yeah, after reading your chicken pie post..i am tempted leh..: P

Hi BB,

Microwave oven is useful for cooking but for baking/grilling,still a conventional oven helps.

Hi Vivien,

My oven cost me $663.40 + $30 installation.

You can check with your brand agent,if yours is built in too.

cheers,
astee

Reira said...

Hi Astee,

I am currently researching about Turbo Incanto hod,hood,oven and stumble upon your blog. Can I check with you, is the oven TFP163CXT good for baking cakes (sponge,soft, bday cake)? Seems that it is one of the cheapest oven from Turbo Incanto

Aces Family said...

Hi Reira,

Till date, i had used it for baking cake,muffins & cookies, so far so good. But mine is just home baking and not sure are you planning to have heavy duty baking? If yes, then you may need to do further research of its capacity.

Yes, it's one of the more affordable Oven from Turbo. The rest are beyond my budget. : P

All the best.

cheers,
astee

Reira said...

Hi Astee,

Thank you so much for your reply!

I am planning to use it for home baking only. I have no experience in baking but plan to self-learn.

=) Can't wait till my flat is ready!

Aces Family said...

Hi Reira,

1st of all - Congrats to your new home sweet home..: )

secondly, all the best to yr new baking experience. Just a small advise - watch the oven on yr 1st try cos usually the temp on cooking recipes varies and always good to keep a lookout..haha.

Feel free to drop in or email if u have other question.


cheers,
astee

Ida said...

Hi Astee,
I have one exact Oven like yours. But mine didn't come with the Recipe book.
Don't mind sharing me the recipe on baking Layer Cake please?
Because I had a hard time trying to figure out which function is best for baking such cakes.