Thursday, February 26, 2009

Character First Programme

Anthea School has introduced the Character First programme to the Primary 1 & 2 children. I signed her up for the programme and also signed myself up as a PV for the same program.

The program takes place on every Friday after school for an hour. There will be a total of 12 lessons. (February – August). So far I had attended 2 sessions. The 1st session was more of an orientation session for the parent’s volunteer group.

The 2nd session, we were with the children while the Teachers volunteer did the lesson.

The program is conducted by a group of volunteers from a church organization near the school. The parents were assured that the content taught are non-religion related… : P

I had seen the material and I found it to be quite impressive. I believe this material may be used by some home-schooled mommies. The child will be taught the following values:

- Attentiveness
- Obedience
- Truthfulness
- Gratefulness

These are very basic values in life that I hope both Anthea and Anders will be able to develop. At home, we try our best to teach and guide them with the right values. However, at times, we are so busy with the life routine, we overlook on certain values. This program acts as a good reminder to myself too. . : )

Ever since I left school, I hardly do craft works and I don’t really like to do art & crafts. However, as a parent volunteer, we were given homework as well. We need to bring home some craft work to draw and cut. These will be used during the lessons for the children to do the crafts according to the story that was told.

So these days, my afternoon are busied with all kind of homeworks… : P After cleaning the house, washing the children clothes and a simple lunch. I will be glued to the chair with all the handicraft thing. I am amazed at the rate that I can complete the tasks…haha.

4 comments:

blurblur said...

Haha...I find that it's 'back to school' time for parents once our kids enter P1. :)

Anonymous said...

I thought its for everyone, why do you need to sign up for it?

Same here, though I'm not doing any volunteering work for the school, I find myself glued to the chairs from the time they finished their lunch till 4pm!!

Aces Family said...

hi BB,

I agreed with you that it's like back to school daze for me..haha. : )

Hi Mommy Charmaine,

For this prog, it's not compulsory, so need to sign up and also for me as a Parent volunteer for the prog.

Wow..to finish lunch at 4pm..so late huh..almost near dinner time..: (

astee

Sadeesh said...

Nice blog
Singapore Tour Packages