Friday, June 06, 2008

"Sawasdee Phuket…"

Adrian is clearing his annual leaves end of June 2008 and he suggested that we should take a family vacation before he goes on his LONG oversea work detachment. It seem like his trip may stretch beyond 2008 till end January 2009.

(Honestly, I hope that the detachment will end December 2008 as original plan. I do wish that he will be around when Anthea starts her Primary 1 in 2009)

Again when work is concerns, we have no CHOICE…sigh: (

Likely, this Phuket trip may be our ACES family final vacation for 2008, so I agreed to his suggestion.

The other factors that make this trip possible are:

1. the mid year BONUS and inflation budget that Adrian will be getting… : P

2. I want the children to spend quality together with their daddy. We will soon miss him for a LONG, Long time.

3. I need to re-charge myself badly, so a holiday and a good rest will be ideal way to do it.

With all these in mind, I started sourcing around for suitable venue for a family vacation.

I am not sure if it’s fated or we are plain lucky – I was browsing the UOB Privileges May 2008 booklet and under the Great Escape section, there were package tours for UOB card holders.

One of the tours caught my attention – 4D3N Phuket Family Special from $1368 per family. The travel agent that organized this package was none other than Jetabout Holidays – this is the same tour agent that we booked our memorable Gold Coast trip.

Of course, my 1st action was to contact the same tour consultant who assisted us the last time. She was very prompt in answering my query and I proposed the package to Adrian and he said OK. So Phuket, here we come…. Haha : )

The other good news is my parents are joining us for this trip….yippy. It has been “Donkey years” since I brought my parents for tour. When they agreed to go with us, I was really happy. For the record, my eldest brother is sponsoring them for this trip…: P

We are now booked on a 4D3N Package and prices includes:

- Return economy airfare to Phuket on Silkair
- Choice of 3 nights accommodation with daily breakfast.
- Return airport-hotel-airport transfers by seat-in-coach.
- Complimentary half day Phuket City Tour.
- Phuket Fantasea Park with dinner and transfer.
- Half Day Phuket Safari Tour with Lunch on Junk.

And the most attractive parts of the package:


A holiday planned for your Kids!

Ride on Elephants
Lunch Cruise
Grand Buffet Dinner at Phuket Fantasea
Free Upgrade / Late Check out *
Children dine free*

So it was really the most ideal package for our family of the young, old and middle age travelers… haha. Chinese say: “老少咸宜“. This is the 1st time that Anthea, Anders and myself are going Phuket, so i think it will be an exciting trip for us.

I am now looking forward to another wonderful family vacation experience.

(ps: waiting for some good "lobangs" from my BIL's family as they just had their holiday in Banyan Tree Phuket... : ) ).

12 comments:

LZmommy said...

Ohhh.... I'm 'drooling' for such a trip. The price is reasonable and it is better than my genting trip. We spent about the same amount. Should have ask you for lobang. Hehehe....

Aces Family said...

hi LZmommy,

Well, the price quoted was for the basic hotel,we sort of upgraded to a better location hotel, so paid a bit more.

I think it was also sheer luck that i come across this package..next time i will update you, since next yr onward, i will need to follow school holiday calendar.. : P

cheers,
astee

Angie said...

I enjoyed Phuket!! and I left 3 days b4 the tsunami striked in 2005. :o

Phuket is a lovely place. We joined a few day tours and we enjoyed white water rafting. Not for kids, though!

The funtasy dinner is very grand and the show is not bad. but the food is not to my liking. :)

Mommy Lose Weight said...

wow! you are making me envious so u!!

I wonder when we could have a family trip again as now, we are tight on financial as I am working partime now. :(

Idy said...

Have a good break, Astee!

Aces Family said...

HI Angelcow,

Wow,dat trip must has been very memorable for you.

Hearing all your positive feedbacks on yr trip, i am now even more looking forward.

Thanks,astee

Aces Family said...

Hi Ling,

Yeah,understd what you meant,comes next year, our family trip will likely be restricted to "bintan,batam" if i find a PT job or become a SAHM..sigh!! SO now must grab the opportunity.

Well, i guess impt thing is quality time with family, travel is just a BONUS to our mental self..hee : P

cheers,
astee

Aces Family said...

Hey,

Idy,yeah will have a good one.

cheers,
astee

therens said...

hi Astee

Which hotel is suitable for family vacations in Phuket - i.e. with in-hotel kids programmes so you can take a break from them? so what's the final price to upgrade to a 'better' hotel? The package price looks reasonable. pls post a blog on the hotel you're staying at when you return. Phuket seems to be a choice location this year for families - you're the 4th person i know who's heading for the Land of Smiles and yes, all working mums deserve a good break.

Nel

Louis & Eve said...

Yo Dua Erm :)

You've gotten most of the lobangs from us verbally already and the rest of it is on our blog.

Just remember 2 important things about Phuket during this period -- or shall I say 3? Firstly, its hot hot hot, so dress down and comfortably. Secondly, quite a bit of mozzies, esp at night. A good moz repellent is a brand call "Moz Away" available from AMK Hub's Living Pharmacy. Thirdly, the 4 days that we were in Phuket, it rained every day, each time for about 1/2 hour or so. So, bring an umbrella or 2.

Aces Family said...

Hi Nel,

The package include a few selection of hotels, so i did some research on the website and lucky for us - I shortlisted Laguna Beach Resort and you can read more from this site.

http://www.phuket.com/hotel/recommendations-family-resorts.htm

Will update once we are back from the holiday.

cheers,
astee

Aces Family said...

Yo Eve,

Yeah, thanks for all the impt tips.. : )

cheers,
astee